Comparing datatables and write into specific column and rows

Hello,
I am new to UiPath and would really appreciate your help!

I have 2 excel, one with a timeplan and one with a projctplan.
I already extracted a datatable from the timeplan including Stages (1-5) and the Dates
Now I have the projectplan with more rows, but I only want to match the rows Stage 1 - 5 and then write the specific date into the matching row into the column “Ende”
I already tried the comparison with an Each Row in Each Row activity but somehow I am not able to write the correct If activity and then the right “Write Cell” activity.
Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Susanne
ProjectPlan.xlsx (8.6 KB)
Timeplan.xlsx (8.5 KB)

Hallo Susanne,
So, if I understand correctly, you want to populate the projectplan with the dates in timeplan but only for the rows that include Stage X (or said on another way, for each Vorgangsname on the time matching each Stage). A fast way to do it is to:
(1) extract both datatables with a read range (be careful because your project plan doesn’t start at cell A1)
(2) Two for each row loops, one inside the other, for each data table. Remeber to change the name of the default variable row for one of the loops —> maybe just row2. If the timeplan only going to have Stage rows then I suggest you put it’s for loop on top.
(3) If: row(“Vorgangsname”).tostring=row2(“Stage”).tostring
(3.1) assing: row2(“Ende”).tostring=row(“Ende”).tostring
(4) write range for the project plan (be careful with the first row, and the Add Headers)
(*) It could be that you have problems with the dates if you have date formats other than american (just fyi)

1 Like

Hi @RockSolid ,
thank you very much for your answer!
This is nearly exactly what I’ve tried before…
Can you tell me what I have to put in the write cell or write range activity? When I’ve tried this for the first time the bot was like changing all cells synchronously and not putting the dates in the right rows. It is also possible to like “not touch” the cells in the column Ende in the projectplan where no Stage is included, as I want to put formulas in there?

Ok, let me share an example.Main.xaml (7.3 KB)
Put your files in the same folder or modify the read range

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.