Community Edition Restrictions

Hi everyone, I’ve been researching some of the restrictions that are placed on the Community Edition, but I’m unclear on the legality of offering my services as a consultant to companies if I am using the Community Edition to develop.

If my company meets the definition of a small team, can I legally offer to build and host an automation for another company? In this scenario, I would be running the process I built on behalf of another company using the Community Edition Orchestrator and the unattended robot you receive with Community Edition.

1 Like

Hello @CDev!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

hi @CDev
Welcome to Uipath Community,
The first thing I have to tell you that, you cannot use Community edition for enterprise use and do not encourage any company to use community edition, If they need the product they need to purchase Enterprise Edition for their organization.

In case of that, We are not recommended to develop and publish product with different platform like Community Editions is in the latest update versions and if you use enterprise edition you may have to use less of version than CE,
so if you develop and publish in to lower grade version there may be some errors occurs

so we always recommended to use the same versions of Studios and Orchestrator / Robot will minimize all errors and bugs