Command line error validation needed for DevOps

I have seen several DevOps solutions using Azure DevOps and Jenkins and I have created something for GitLab but there is one major thing missing - the ability to compile the project and check for errors from command line.
I can run the workflow analyzer using UiPath.Studio.CommandLine.exe analyze
Then I can use UiPath.Studio.CommandLine.exe publish to build the package but this will not check the project for validation errors.
So now my CI/CD pipeline can deploy a package to Orchestrator that has validation errors.
Can we get something like the Validate Project from Studio available in the command line tool ?

I have the same requirement to improve our monitoring accross projects. Can UiPath support Validate Project via command line? I’ve seen one entry that uses uirobot.exe but is not ideal as it will trigger the process as well. Also, it those not check other workflow files if not linked.

Thanks for your suggestion @iulian.ilie

I’ve added this idea to our internal tracker so that our Robot team can consider it for the future :slight_smile:

Hi @iulian.ilie @john_louie_Ching

Could you please have a look at this article and let us know if it fulfills your requirements? :slight_smile:

Hi @loginerror
I am already using UiPath.Studio.CommandLine.exe analyze but it doesn’t provide a method to validate the project

Here is an example to better explain the problem.
I have created a project that contains just a log message with a missing value

Running the workflow analyzer from studio automatically validates the project and returns the expected error:

Running the analyzer from command line returns no error:

Indeed, thank you for clarification. Your idea is already saved in our internal tracker for further consideration by our Robot team :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.