Code stage , LINQ exp. => Assign: Input string was not in a correct format

Hello,

upon a time I’ve been suggested for this expression below who filter out data you see in the picture. Everything worked till I’ve got negative currencies values who raise the error: Assign: Input string was not in a correct format.

How following expression could be fixed to work with negative values?

(From myRow In dtData.AsEnumerable() Where Double.Parse((myRow(“Balance Amount”).ToString.Trim), NumberStyles.Any, New CultureInfo(i_strCultureInfo)) >= ((Double.Parse((myRow(“Amount”).ToString.Trim), NumberStyles.Any, New CultureInfo(i_strCultureInfo))/100) * i_intDueAmountThreshold) Select r = myRow).toList

i_intDueAmountThreshold = 10
i_strCultureInfo = de-DE
Amount

Thanks.
Marco.

import System.Globalization to the namespaces

Work with a culture defining this format e.g.

grafik

For an analysis over the entire datatable do the following:

• Set a breakpoint
  • Debug and get paused
    Run following statement within the immediate panel
dtData.AsEnumerable.Where(Function (x) Not Double.TryParse(x("Balance Amount").ToString.Trim, NumberStyles.Any, new CultureInfo("es-ES"), nothing)).toList

So you will get all datarows having issue with the current configured Parse Strategy

Understanding the 6 Debugging Panels of UiPath in the easiest way possible! - News / Tutorials - UiPath Community Forum

Hi Peter,
thanks a lot! seems I’ve some records for US … so how could I make calculation avoid error and do not change anytime “culture” ? could be CultureInfo.InvariantCulture the solution instaed of CultureInfo(“es-ES”)?
Another way do not elegant could be string replace ?
Thanks.
Br.
Marco.

maybe you can rewrite:

Assign Activity
arrCISet = new CultureInfo(){ new CultureInfo(“en-US”), new CultureInfo(“es-ES”)}

(From myRow In dtData.AsEnumerable() 
Let ci1 = arrCISet.Where(Function (c1) Double.TryParse(myRow("Balance Amount").ToString.Trim, NumberStyles.Any, c1, nothing)).First()
Let ci2 = arrCISet.Where(Function (c2) Double.TryParse(myRow("Amount").ToString.Trim, NumberStyles.Any, c2, nothing)).First()
Let n1 = Double.Parse(myRow("Balance Amount").toString.Trim, NumberStyle.Any, c1)
Let n2 = Double.Parse(myRow("Amount").toString.Trim, NumberStyle.Any, c2)
Where n1 >= (n2 / 100) * i_intDueAmountThreshold
Select r = myRow).toList

it is one of a few options.
We would recommend adapting if needed with some prechecks…
We would also recommend to let it fail in case of wrong CIs instead of String Manipulations

if also needed then typical handling is to filter out unrecognized rows in advance and route it to a resolution flow

Thanks! that works or better does not give me any exception! … again could you please explain in words status of current variables e.g. what n1 and n2 contains at the time?
Could works also works adding new CI (e.g. de-DE) alltogether ?
Tkx.

you can add additional CI into the array as it is looking for usable one

have a look here: [HowTo] - First Start with LINQ (VB.Net)

one thing to add
123.45 in default is different to e.g. German locals (group seperator vs. decimal seperator)
it would risk to catch the wrong CultureInfo

have a look to another technique here:

Hi Peter,
I wanted to introduce your LINQ script and it works somehow (or better has no exceptions) but logic seems is not what i want (maybe I was not clear) so I reproduced the logic attached in old way and would be very nice to have the correspond LINQ script.
Thanks. Br. Marco.