Client Hash Assignment#2 (Advanced Level 3 course) Get Text vs Get Full Text?

Completed the Advanced Level 3 course successfully, however, I have a question regarding the different results I am getting using the Get Text vs Get Full Text.
I used the Get Text (output property is “Value”) in my assignment with success, yet as I played around with Screen Scraping using the Get Full Text (Output property is “Text”) I am getting different Hash Codes.

Can someone explain why I would get different Hash Codes when the Client info I am passing appears identical. Obviously I am missing something important.

For example WIID 962395 (Type WI5) Client Info “OZ56329-Anna Dudas-Romania”
Using Get Text Hash Code from Sha1-Online - this is what I used in my assignment. Also, I typed this value in using the keyboard and got this same result

Using Get Full Text Hash Code result from Sha1-Online

MaryB

@MaryB2019

If you observe clearly in both the screens there is extra space before client info details in the second screen. Because of that you are getting different Sha1 results. Remove that extra space and try once and you will get same result. Hope you understood.

1 Like

Thank you very much Lakshman, I should have spotted that. I appreciate your help, I had left off a Trim on the Client ID, now it works great.

Can you explain exactly what the difference is between the Get Text’s Output “Value” field and an Get Full Text’s Output “Text” field? I realize Text is a string but how does the “Value” differ? The definition seems to be the same.

MaryB

1 Like

@MaryB2019

Check below thread.

Difference between Get Text and Get Full Text