Clicking dynamic Link without using selectors

Hi guys.
I have uploaded the screenshot of my page.
There I need to click the link under “Translation” (dynamically in the loop).
But there is a number of problems:
1.It impossible to indicate selectors.
2. Citrix/ Text/Click - doen’t work- I cant identify Key text, because all words are many times duplicated.
Any Idea for solution?
Thanks

HI @Slavich

I have few questions here.

1. Why do you say that it is impossible to click on the translation link with the selectors? You should be able to click on it using a selector. However, I assume that the number in that link text will be changing time to time, but still you can introduce variables within your selector to make it dynamic. If not, you can also use wild cards (“*” or “?”) to make your selector more reliable when working with changing values. So, what’s the issue you are facing when using the selector?

2. You should be able to uniquely identify the link with a proper selector. Every element in a web page includes a unique representation. How you are going to capture this is based on the selector. Have you tried using the UI Explorer to build a unique selector that can identify only this element even though the page has repeating values?

2 Likes

Yes - you are right. Because It goes through loop and opens every time new page.

Here are the selectors. First - which is need to be clicked on. Second - his neighbour to the left.
As you see they differs from each other only by end of id…
So if i open these type of page in loop - the id of these elements will be random.
And also, there is no name dependency -each time the file has different name.

a class=“with-version pf-file sprite-file-extension sprite-file-extension-xlsx c-448ccb font-110 disp-inline-block” data-extension=“xlsx” data-project_id=“7252541” data-versionnum=“1” id=“link_rsc-5d21a1ee3f8ea3-56752600**_24971556**” onclick=“filesVersionSelector(this)”>PBI 335689 - for translation_DE.xlsx

a class=“with-version pf-file sprite-file-extension sprite-file-extension-xlsx c-448ccb font-110 disp-inline-block” data-extension=“xlsx” data-project_id=“7252541” data-versionnum=“1” id=“link_rsc-5d219d4b9484d8-34860275**_24971514**” onclick=“filesVersionSelector(this)”>PBI 335689 - for translation.xlsx

Selectors support wildcards. Use an * where the IDs are not always the same. If your selector is specific enough to find the element without the dynamic ID, then you could also exclude it from the selector and use other attributes instead.

No way.
Page selectors are changing with pages in loop and id selector, as you can see almost similar with neighbour one.

Consider using the structure of the page to find get a selector for those links. Presumably they will always be inside the HTML block below ‘Original Documents’ and ‘Translation’. Use the UIExplorer tool that is included with UiPath Studio in order to help you find a selector that works for any page.

Here is the selector I get. Where url, title, id are need to be dynamic.

I need another way to solve it.

Try using Anchor Base. Set the anchor element to “Translation”. You may still have to tweak you Find Element selector to handle URL and title change.

2 Likes

It works. thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.