Click timeout and wait for ready

Thank you @ppr.
Which are the rules for click activities performing well in every condition, not only for notification bar?
Which Waitforready property should I set and Timeout?
Thank you so much,
Cami

1 Like

@CamiCat
Sorry for my delayed answer. currently i am on a business trip and only partly reachable.

Once the download is synced with download prompt then the click activities are coming into the picture. I made the best results with:

• dont use with simulate click
  • in case of clicks are too fast fired, check with a delay before 1000 - 5000 ms
  • the higher value is only for checking the situation, is not the solution
    sometime i stabilizied by clicking before on the triangle to expand the save, save as option

then get synchronized with the fully download state e.g with same logic endless loop triggered on the message that download was done.

This tricks with endless loops are helping much for slow systems or log running downloads. And alternate to this could be retry scope activity to find a final end.

Combining all would be an option as well like sync on prompt bar. repeat click actions e.g. download is not starting etc

1 Like

I would suggest that you check if the file as downloaded…

Do it in a do while loop and check the condition inside of it, that it has successfully downloaded or not!!!

Simple way to tackle that :slight_smile:

Now if it’s taking a lot longer and want to start it again? Put a timer counter on it as well with the OR condition in Do while :slight_smile:

Hope this helps @CamiCat

1 Like

Fine
sorry for the delayed response
–kindly ensure these stuffs are covered like the click activity must be used with these properties enabled
–simulate click or to make it bit slower we can use sendwindowmessage property as sendwindowmessage property enables us to run in background but in bit slower pace when compared to simulate click
–and wait for ready property set as COMPLETE this will ensure again that unless the whole page uielements gets loaded completely or the one which are there in the selector gets loaded completely then only the click will initiated
–i would suggest to avoid DELAY BEFORE in the property of click activity or DELAY activity been used explicitly because thats not actually a good practice and it will slow down the performance
–rather we can use ELEMENT EXISTS ACTIVITY before click and ensure that element exists and from there on we can click without any hindrance
even in that activity make sure that waitforready property is set with COMPLETE
–and finally if its getting inside any new window then use attach window activity
basically we will getting the TIMEOUT error due to this only because the bot wont be able to identify the elements and the window attached with it is not mentioned, so if we have added that attach window activity the bot would be able to find the element in the application being foreground

thats all buddy you are done
hope this would help you
kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

Thsnk you so much @ppr.
If I don’t usa simulate click actions don’t work in background.
How to do that?
Cami :slight_smile:

Thank you so much @Shubham_Varshney.
Can you please provide me a xaml that does this thing?

@CamiCat
your question is valid we focused on reliability. Especially when the application to automate is understood in its reactions, then go for a try for simulate click etc. Once you are facing issues, then we are here for help.

May I ask you to give us some updates on the results from your next implementation round? Thanks

1 Like

may i know where we are getting this timeout error
either in desktop or web application or in citrix
Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

Hello @Palaniyappan,
i’m using explorer and need to perform clicks on explorer pages.
Need to be able to work in background, with screen locked.
I noticed also that sometimes it is necessary to refresh browser page.
Can you give me advices?
Thank you,

1 Like

Fantastic
–then the main thing we need to concentrate is on attach window activity or attach browser activity
–because sometimes the bot may not be able to find the element in the screen if it relies inside a window inside a browser
or
–if its not inside any new window within browser (including small popup is considered as a new window) then we can use attach browser activity within which we can include our CLICK ACTIVITY
–and finally to ensure that it works in background, we need to enable typically either SENDWINDOWMESSAGE or SIMULATE CLICK
i would suggest here (especially for your scenario to go for SENDWINDOWMESSAGE property because it will be bit slower when compared to simulate click property and it would help you in your case ensuring the robustness in the process and also sometimes, some application may not take the simulate click while those applications will surely take window messages sent to them by default

–to refresh browser we can use REFRESH BROWSER activity

and we can use this especially inside the catch block when any exception occurs so that it would refresh again and place the whole sequence that we have in the TRY block next to this refresh browser activity inside the catch block so that process will get executed again

–or we can even have it in our process in TRY block as well based on the requirement

hope this would help you
Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

Thank you so much @Palaniyappan.

Try and let you know as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hello @Palaniyappan,

how to set values for waitforready and timeout for “Getfulltext” activity?

Thank you,
Cami

1 Like

Timeout be with default of 30 seconds so remove that value in the property panel
And for waitforready mention as complete
Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

ok , try :slight_smile:

How to solve this error for the “Save as” button on the Notification Bar?
Cami

1 Like

no worries
kindly have a view on this thread

Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

Thank you,

Can you please share with me a workflow xaml?
Thank you,

1 Like

fine
kindly use this component
https://go.uipath.com/component/save-as-file-download-for-internet-explorer-70545

Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

Try and let you know :slight_smile:
Thank you,
Cami

1 Like

Great
Kindly let know if facing any challenges
Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.