Click on a table in MS Word 2016

Hi! I have tried many ways to click on a cell of a table in MS Word but to no avail.

Due to confidentiality of data, below is a screenshot of a dummy data

Capture

I would like the RPA to find “Cat” and click on it

What I actually need to do is that I extract the range of cells from excel and retrieve the value from the cells and put it in a table in word document

So what i am doing now is Excel Application Scope (to open the excel file to extract the data i need) > Read range (to get the range of cells i need) > output data table (retrieve the data table in String) > Attach window (to word doc) > click activity (on the cell i need to click so that the RPA know which position to input the data) > Hotkey “tab” to go through each row to input the values extracted from the excel file)> Type Into activity (to input the values extracted from the excel file into the table in word document)

The inputting of data into word doc table works but RPA couldn’t find the position to input the data (the position i have indicated through click activity but it doesn’t work). So now, what it is doing, is input the data where my cursor was before the RPA starts to run

2 Likes

Buddy @zefang

Welcome to uipath community

Buddy use start process activity and pass the file path of your word file buddd
this activity will bring the excel to the foreground to the screen and then you can make a click on a cell you want with Click image activity buddy, select the cell as a image you want to click in click image
Kindly try this and let know buddy @zefang
Cheers @zefang

Thank you! Does this work for word document ?

Fine buddy

if it appears when you open you file then it will work buddy…
or
if he word file has more pages use a retry scope activity with upper part having activities like Find text position activity of Find Image position activity where you can pass the Cat as text to be found and we will be getting a output of uielement…next use a send hot key activity with key down which will scroll down for each retry made in this retry scope activity and in the down part of retry scope use element exists activity and pass the uielement as input obtained from Find text position buddy…mention the no of retries as maximum of no of pages you have
once the element is found you can pass this element as input click activity buddy or click image activty to element property in those activity
Cheers @zefang

Actually, what i am doing now is Excel Application Scope > Read range (to get the range of cells i need) > output data table > Attach window (to word doc) > click activity (on the cell i need to click)

1 Like

Great
Please go ahead
Cheers @zefang

I tried that. The click activity doesn’t work on the word doc.