Click Image not working in VM 2

@Gabriel_melo I believe @Palaniyappan means to invoke the Maximize after calling the VM client. To maximize that window.

This is what I had to do. I changed uipath.settings on the BOT machine (doing it on the development machine wont come across because it is an application setting, not a workflow setting)

After calling RDP, I issue Maximize activity that way the terminal client is maximum size.

Also, I use the terminal services plugins (I think there is one for VMware), on the BOT machine. This way the bot can “attach” to the terminal services window and get more, generated information about the remote session.

I’ve only done this on Windows Remote Desktop, so not 100% sure how it is done for VM (there is a Citrix one if that’s what you’re using) - but the idea is the same. Set uipath.settings, Install the extension, maximize the window and use the robot vision by attaching to the terminal services window so the plugin can feed additional info to the bot program.

Good luck and I hope this helps get to the right information.

2 Likes

Got it! But still doesn’t apply to my case because the Robot is installed inside the desktop I’m accessing through RDP.

Explaining a little better:
The studio and the Robot are installed in a computer A. I am accessing computer A through computer B via RDP, and I’m also accessing Orchastrator on computer B.
So when the Orchastrator starts the process it doesn’t login on RDP.

1 Like

Ah. I see. Earlier on you posted you “changed the resolution”. Was this change done in UIPath.settings?

I have a bot running in a similar setup - I have to remote to it to “see” it, and when I ran it that way, it found the image, but not when run unattended through Orchestrator job, and the uipath.settings change fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Fine then changing the remote resolution would work as we are accessing being in same machine

Cheers @Gabriel_melo

1 Like

so did that work buddy @Gabriel_melo

1 Like

Yeah! I did it in UIPath.Settings. My resolution is 1366x768. Still not working… I have no idea what to do now :confused:

Unfortunately it didn’t work :confused:
Do you have any other ideia to help me? I’m starting to get a little desperate, because I was supposed to deliver this project this week…

@Gabriel_melo Did you restart the bot service?

1 Like

once the resolution is changed kindly restart the studio and robot as well and check once again
Hope that would work
Cheers @Gabriel_melo

1 Like

How do I do this? I might not have done this.

The studio I restarted, but the robot like I said before, I might not have restarted. How do I do this?

1 Like

@Gabriel_melo Restart the service in services:

1 Like

no worries
Go to Windows Services (type “services.msc” on startmenu) and start the service named “UiRobotSvc”.

Kindly try this and let know for any queries
Cheers @Gabriel_melo

1 Like

Same problem but different step. But this time it seems that the error is changing places: insted of not finding the image (for example) of the last “OK” it varies, somtimes doesn’t found the second and sometimes is the first.

I Just did what you guys told me to do and nothing else.

Hey guys! Thank you for your help. I believe I found the solution. I will post after I tried.

1 Like

Sure
Cheers @Gabriel_melo

1 Like

So, After having this problem I went to Uipath.Settings and changed the resolution to matches my computer’s resolution. I’ve changed ResoluitonHeight, ResolutionWidth, ResolutionDepth, and in may case LoginToConsole = False.
After all these changes it Another problem happened, no image were being found. after some tries and mistakes I saw that when the Robot starts (for some reason that I don’t know) the letters’ resolution was being harmed. So I went again in Uipath.Settings changed the ResolutionDepth for it’s inital value (ResolutionDepth: “”) and changed FontSmooth: true,
These modifications made it work.

Resume for anyone who have the same problem as I had:
1)Uipath.Setting > %ProgramData%\UiPath\UiPath.settings (you need admin permission)
2)Changes ResolutionHeight:(your resolution), ResolutionWidth:(your resolution), FontSmoth:true,
3)LoginToConsole:(depends on your situation)
4)Restart the bot service.

1 Like

Great
Cheers @Gabriel_melo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.