Click Image not working After UiPath Community updated to 2018.1.0

Scenario: Click Image activity which was earlier working well , isn’t working after the new update .

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2018.1.0

Last stable behavior: yesterday
Last stable version: 2017
OS Version: Windows 7 64 bit
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc): Getting this exception
Message: The type initializer for ‘Emgu.CV.CvInvoke’ threw an exception
Exception Type: ImageOperationException

UiPath.Core.ImageOperationException: The type initializer for ‘Emgu.CV.CvInvoke’ threw an exception. —> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘Emgu.CV.CvInvoke’ threw an exception. —> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘cvextern’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Emgu.CV.CvInvoke.RedirectError(CvErrorCallback errorHandler, IntPtr userdata, IntPtr prevUserdata)
at Emgu.CV.CvInvoke…cctor()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at Emgu.CV.Image2.AllocateData(Int32 rows, Int32 cols, Int32 numberOfChannels) at Emgu.CV.Image2.set_Bitmap(Bitmap value)
at UiPath.Vision.Detectors.BaseDetector…ctor(Bitmap image)
at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.Find(UiImage target, Double accuracy)
at UiPath.Core.Image.Find(Image image, Double accuracy)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

This issue can be fixed by installing the following Microsoft mediafeaturepack (x64 version): KB4039813
Can be downloaded from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

In the meantime we are working to update the product documentation as well. We have yet to issue a 2018.1 official doc.

also, please confirm that it worked, after installing.

Hey, I am using windows 7, the feature pack shows for windows 10. Will this work for windows 7 too?

Its not installing for windows 7. any other fix which i can use for win 7

try this one here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16546

Hey, This Update isn’t installing and giving a message “This update is not applicable to your computer”. Can you advise any other way?

can you tell me exactly what version of windows you have? print screen if possible, like this:

(update KB2533623) try this one also

This is happening after CE automatically updated to 2018, none of the image related workflows are working.

yes, becasue we ve upgraded the detection engine and you need a windows kb as prerequisite.
try the last suggestion i ve sent

tried KB2533623 before posting here, didn’t work . Maybe a fresh installation of 2018 would work ? but i am unable to receive the installer on my email when i request for one

Its not a problem with the install, there are some Windows dlls that are mising and we need them. I will have to do more research for your exact win7 version, for the proper KB.
Can you use google OCR - screen scraping? Can you try it?

1 Like

On using google OCR, i am getting the following error " The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer"

Ok thank you, we will investigate and get back to you asap, we just need to find the kb that its missing

Try this one, please. Don t forget to confirm if it fixes the problem so we can share to others if they face the same issue.

2 Likes

This worked after installing the update, Thanks a lot!

Thank you too

1 Like