Click image doesn't work

I used click image component and it just didn’t work on one of my machine. It threw exception “Unable to load DLL ‘cvextern’”. The windows system version is windows 7 64 bit platform with .Net framework 4.6. Anyone can help on this?

Attach more log information and hope someone can help.

Message: The type initializer for ‘Emgu.CV.CvInvoke’ threw an exception.

Exception Type: ImageOperationException

UiPath.Core.ImageOperationException: The type initializer for ‘Emgu.CV.CvInvoke’ threw an exception. —> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘Emgu.CV.CvInvoke’ threw an exception. —> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘cvextern’: (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Emgu.CV.CvInvoke.RedirectError(CvErrorCallback errorHandler, IntPtr userdata, IntPtr prevUserdata)
at Emgu.CV.CvInvoke…cctor()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at Emgu.CV.CvInvoke.cvCreateImageHeader(Size size, IplDepth depth, Int32 channels)
at Emgu.CV.Image2.AllocateData(Int32 rows, Int32 cols, Int32 numberOfChannels) at Emgu.CV.Image2.set_Bitmap(Bitmap value)
at UiPath.Vision.Detectors.BaseDetector…ctor(Bitmap image)
at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.Find(UiImage target, Double accuracy)
at UiPath.Core.Image.Find(Image image, Double accuracy)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

This article is really complicated for me and I found cvextern.dll under UiPath folder but it doesn’t work.

@Gabriel_Tatu @adrian @Cosin
and
@andrzej.kniola have faced such error?

More information about this issue: I have installed UiPath on Virtual machine and the video card is VMWare SVGA 3D. Thanks.

Hello, please review UiPath Studio’s OS requirments and prerequisites.

After install windows 7 update KB2533623 the problem has been resolved. Thanks for everyone’s support.

In case anyone else is having this issue, I thought I would add my resolution to this problem. I am running Windows Server 2012 RC. Installing Windows Server Essentials Media Pack was the solution. I installed the role through Powershell with “Add-WindowsFeature ServerEssentialsRole” and then installed the exe I downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40837. I did not have to configure the role in order for it to start clicking images again.

2 Likes

Please install windows patch for Media Feature Pack.

Windows 7 update KB 2533623
Window 7 N update KB 968211
Windows 7 SP1 Update for Universal C Runtime
Windows 8.1
Windows 8.1 N Media Feature Pack KB 2835517
Windows 10
Windows 10 N Media Feature Pack KB4039813
Windows Server 2008 R2 update KB 963697 and the Desktop Experience feature
Windows Server 2012 R2
Please note that Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Datacenter require the Essential experience role, Essentials Media Pack, and lastly Update for Universal C Runtime.
Windows Server 2016
Citrix environments (!)

1 Like