Click changing link

If you tag me I will see the response quicker, sorry! You are still using the selector editor. Instead of clicking the ‘…’ and editing in the pop-up window, just click into the selector window itself (circled in blue). Then edit within that window. I usually click in, press ctrl + a, ctrl + c, paste it into a notepad window, make the edits, then copy + paste it back into the selector section. It’s a bit of a pain but not sure how else to do it. It should look like this when done:
"<html title='Virtual EMS - Room Request' /><webctrl id='ctl00_pc_RestGrid' tag='TABLE' /><webctrl tableCol='1' tableRow='" + RowWithButtonToClick + "' tag='TD' />"

@Dave

Sorry - didn’t know about the tagging. After a lot of playing around I think the first problem is that i can’t get the row number. After the if statement, i put a message box and if I search for attribute “outerText” I get the correct line of text returned, however when I try to get the attribute “tableRow” nothing appears. Any ideas on this?

@Dave

What @Double-D and @Palaniyappan have advised both will work. For you to get selectors to iterate through the row and column change the ‘UiAutomation Framework’ in the ‘UiExplorer’ window to ‘UiAutomation’ option which will give you more accessibility options as you seem to be using a browser.

I think using this and combining with the solutions above you can achieve the iteration and validation using conditional ‘if’.

Regards :slight_smile:

PS : If it is another application or an iFrame in browser get back to me I can suggest an alternate method.

I’m not really sure why it’s not working, sorry. It’s tough trying to help without having it in front of me to see the selectors properly. If you use UiExplorer you should be able to see the element attributes yourself though. Open UiExplorer, click on the link containing the text “7.101c”. Then along the left hand side of UiExplorer there is a button/tab thing that you can click that says “Show Attributes” or something similar. Look through the attributes listed there and you should find something giving you the row number. I would have thought it was called tableRow, but it could be something else

@Raghavendraprasad

Hi Raghav I think that if I could just solve why i can’t getAttribute for tableRow for the outertext output then I would be able to solve this. Any ideas?

@Dave
Just as an update - so far I am so close thank you again for your help! I just need to get the row number variable to work in the click formula and then it will work. I will post when solved but for some reason when I do they syntax you mentioned it won’t validate.

Hi there…

@Double-D did you try the steps I mentioned?

Use UiExplorer and indicate the URL, then click the ‘Property Explorer’ tab that I highlighted in blue in the picture. Then look for tableRow, or something that indicates the row number. Then do the same thing on the button you actually want to click in the workflow to make sure they are the same. In the ‘Get Attribute’ activity where you’re trying to pull out the row number, make sure the attribute name you supply matches the one shown in the property explorer

@Dave @Raghavendraprasad

Thank you guys I got it with your help!

I have one last issue for this bot (it is a simple bot but has taken me 3 days). I will post it in another post. Thanks again for your help!