Click Activity Won't Work With VB Message Boxes When Recording or Presenting Screen

Scenario:

UIPath executes a macro, using Execute Macro Activity. When the bot executes, bot will not click “ok” in the message box. IF the bot runs regularly, without recording or presenting, the bot works and click on boxes properly.

Steps to reproduce:

Use a Click Activity to click on any Excel Macro generated message box, while recording your screen or presenting to someone else.

Current Behavior:

Bot says it can’t find the selector.

Expected Behavior:

It’s expected that the bot click “ok” in the message box, like it does if I wasn’t recording or presenting.

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version:

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version: Windows 10
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

Hello!

I got some problems while recording and presenting my screen while I execute some robot too.

Have you tried to use “Click Image” activity? Or have you tried to use “Attach Window” to indicate the window that you’re working on it?

Worked for me :smiley:

Hope It Helps!

Regards,

Hello @Lucas.Pimenta - Thanks! I don’t like using “Click Image” Activity, as it proved to be unreliable when running the bot on other machines, because if the image size is larger/smaller or the image differs for what ever reason (new version, custom, etc.), the bot breaks. Second, I’ve tried using “Attach Window” or “Activate” Activities, but with no success.

It is frustrating when I’m presenting to a client and the bot doesn’t run because of this issue.

I will continue researching.

Thanks again for your insights!