Click Activity: Any difference between False and Null for options?

For the Click activity there are properties that you can assign a boolean variable to dynamically alter how the activity works.

The three that I’m working with specifically are AlterIfDisabled, SendWindowMessages, and SimulateClick. These are all boolean, but are not required so you could leave them blank. However as the activity was built to only accept normal boolean, I can’t utilize a Nullable to emulate having no value at all as it prohibits implicit conversion from Boolean? to Boolean.

My question: Are there any functional differences between passing False and nothing at all for these properties?

If you mention FALSE or leave blank → it will be false
to enable any of them you need to check the checkbox or mention True in the fiels

Hi @rahulsharma ,

I am little curious about this question. Yeah for both false and blank it will not consider that option. But why we need two options for the same functionality. Do you know any other difference between leaving it blank and set to false.

1 Like

Hi @scott.booher

The functional difference between passing False and nothing at all for these properties is given below.

true if the CheckBox is in the checked state; otherwise, false. The default value is false

If the ThreeState property is set to true, the Checked property will return true for either a Checked or IndeterminateCheckState.

Hope this will help you. Thank you.

The blank ideally means the default value
Which is false in that click activity

May be the default value(false) can be changed for an activity by somehow editing the activity syntax, never tried though