Classic folder is missing - solution (New Orchestrator release)

Hello everyone,
Some of you already noticed that for newly the newly created tenants there is no Default folder. This is intended behavior in relation to our latest release notes → HERE

While existing customers are not impacted, we recommend that you migrate to modern folders to benefit from the additional functionality they offer.

We mentioned it couple times that we are slowly moving from the Classic Folder to the Modern Folder design as it is more flexible for the Active Directory environments while having same capability for a single user. This is the next step :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi, Now that it is migrated, i no longer have my default folder.
Can you advise me where can I add Robots after this change? (see attached)

2 Likes

Hi @andyyeo,
Under the tenant level you have “Robot” tabs.

For the modern folders user=robot. So you need basically go to users, then find yourself and edit.

And from there you can create robot for your user.

1 Like

See attached. Under Tenant, it does not allow me to add Robots.

It’s just an old information related to classic folders for those users which have an old account where classic folder is visible. But for modern folders you should be able to create robot the way I showed you in previous post.

1 Like

The problem is that my Default folder is missing, which I have no idea why cos it disappeared when I logged in this morning. That’s why I can’t create a Robot.

When exactly have you created the tenant? I see that this update applies to all tenants created from 10th of February. If it was created earlier then I will consult it with the Team as it might be a bug or something.

1 Like

I cannot remember exactly when I created this but I know it is before 10th Feb 2021.

Thank you for your help

You can connect robots to Orchestrator using this documentation:
Connecting Robots to Orchestrator (uipath.com)

Can you please check both the Audit & Manage Folders page, to see if anything changed there?

Audit folder screenshot

Manage Folder screenshot and looks like the Default folder is missing

This is what I get when I create new folder in Tenant

Hi @andyyeo,
I’m sorry that I haven’t responded yet. I was waiting for confirmation from out Orchestrator team. I asked them for some details from the background. From information I have it looks that your current tenant was created on 2021-02-23 07:19:45. This means it not possible that you had default folder. The only one which was available was the one you have created. So this tenant will work only with modern folders. I can’t do anything with it.

Thank you for your effort on this.
Would it be possible to erase everything and start from scratch? I mean something like Reset?

Sure. You can go back to cloud portal and remove the tenant and then create the new one.

@Pablito

After delete tenant and creating new tenant also now resolving issue.

I too don’t have the default option and also the option to create environment in orchestrator

Environment was related to classic folders which are not available anymore.
Here is the new instruction to create unattended robot for modern folder:

For Attended solution you only need to sign-in in assistant :slight_smile:

1 Like