Clarifications in the usage of parallel activity

Hello,

I am trying to learn Parallel activity, and I have got this doubt.
I have 3 Child Sequence in Parallel activity, and I have write line named as 1.1 and 1.2 and goes on same like 2.1,2.2 in 2nd sequence and 3rd 3.1 and 3.2, If I use delay activity between 1.1 write line to 1.2 write line for 2 seconds, it jumps out of 1st sequence and goes to second sequence, but I don’t understand why it is responding at delay activity and goes to 2nd sequence, why it not executing 1.2 instead of 2.1.

If the activity is asynchronous and responds one activity at a time, if it jumps to second sequence at one run, even if I run it more than 10 times it doesn’t goes to 1.2 write line always it goes to the second sequence.

And why parallel activity always runs first sequence which is in left, when it is asynchronous.

Could you please help me understand.

Thanks,
Vasan.

1 Like

Hey @Mohan_Vasan

Parallel activity executes child activities asynchronously in the same thread (not in different CPU threads) which concludes it will act like a parallel activity :stuck_out_tongue:

All the child activities are executed simultaneously and asynchronously provided the base or the previous activity execution is completed or it is idle.

Hope this give you some idea.

Thanks
#nK

Hi nK,

Thanks for your response.
If you don’t mind could you please elaborate little more.

Regards,
Vasan.

Hi @Mohan_Vasan ,

Welcome to the community!!

Please have a look at the above video by @RAKESH_KUMAR_BEHERA, u might get the clarification on the working.

Thanks

Hi,

I think I need to elaborate my clarification little more.

1. Since Parallel activity runs asynchronous, and it wont follow any activities in order, wont it makes an exception because it skips an order?
  2. Will all the child branch activities works simultaneously like triggers in pick and pick branch or completion of one activity after another.
  3. And Why it always executes first left branch when it is asynchronous.
  4. Can you please share any best use case of this activity.

Hi!

Have view on this:

Regards,
NaNi

Thanks NaNi,

Do you have any comments on this.

1. And Why it always executes first left branch when it is asynchronous.
1 Like

Hey @Mohan_Vasan

Of course, it starts from left to right. Below is the most important point

All the child activities are executed simultaneously and asynchronously provided the base or the previous activity execution is completed or it is idle.

Thanks
#nK