Clarification about Delete File for SharePoint Custom Activity

Good day everyone,

I am currently using the SharePoint Custom Activities Package, version 1.3.0. (1.3.0 being used as there is an HTTP DAV request error on the 1.5.2. version).

The SharePoint scope activity, in relation to upload and download file activities, all work fine for me. However, when it comes to deleting the file, the activity doesn’t seem to find the existing file to delete and an error is triggered.

The chosen library I have used is ‘Documents’ and with the relative URL as “folder-file-path-after-SharedDocuments/item.xlsx”

Is this correct, or do I need to use “Shared Documents” as the library name? Or is there something else I need to consider?

I managed to figure it out myself.

Using ‘Shared Documents’ as the library name made the Delete activity work. The activity follows a similar logic to the upload and download activities.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks admins for reopening the topic.

In case someone bumps on this thread because he’s becoming crazy as me trying to get this “Delete” activity to work, I posted my solution in this thread:

Sharepoint DELETE activity doesn’t work - Feedback / Activities - UiPath Community Forum

Basically it’s what @Thom_Co said: for “Delete”, you have to use a (derivative?) of “Shared Documents” as the name for the lilbrary, no matter if you used “Documents” or “Document” or “Documento” or whatever other name without the “Shared” part for creting folders or uploading documents. Why? Still a mistery to me.