Citrix recorder for fedora’29 running on VMware

I’m new in UiPath. I’m trying to use citrix recorder for fedora’29 running on VMware and i’m getting an error saying 'Cannot access target process! Elevated privileges might be required. Try running the UiPath application as an administrator". i tried running it as a an administrator, but it is still not working.

I’m using UiPath 2019.5.0.

1 Like

hi buddy @sreya_patranabish

we have an option called computer vision activity to handle these situation
kindly have a view on this that could help you solve this issue easily

Kindly go to the manage packages in design menu in your studio and get this package from official tab by searching uipath.Computervision.Activities
Cheers @sreya_patranabish

2 Likes

Hi @sreya_patranabish,
Can you please give so more information? As I understand you have Windows on which you have Studio installed and VMware with Fedora VM right? And you are trying to use UiPath to get some data/operato on this fedora? If all of the above is yes then you need to work with image/ocr based activities only. Eventually CV is also good in that case but for these activities you need to have internet connection available for machine where Studio/Robot is working.

1 Like

@sreya_patranabish - I am not sure about this but I hope it will work. Install UiPath remote runtime in VM then use Citrix recorder.
@Palaniyappan, @Pablito- What’s your thought guys on this approach.

Best!!
Anmol

2 Likes

If (as I understand) VM has Fedora installed then it’s not possible to install runtime on it. The only way to work with such VM is the way I described earlier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Pablito @Palaniyappan @anmolk171 is it that citrix recorder is not working on VM Ware because I’m using a Linux OS?

1 Like

As label says it’s designed for recording actions on citrix machines. So XenApp, XenDesktop which are working on Windows Server. Additionally special runtime package needs to be installed on Citrix Worker machine. Any other system (non Windows) will work only Image/OCR based activities/recording.
You can read a little here:

2 Likes

@Pablito thanks

1 Like

Citrix implies like image automation…so i hope it can be used in any type of os to recognize a image
Cheers @sreya_patranabish

Please remind that currently there is only Citrix Native Recording which is using UiElements. Couple versions ago there was “Citrix Recording” which was in fact image based but now it’s called Image recording.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy @Pablito

1 Like

thanks @Pablito & @Palaniyappan

2 Likes