Citrix Platform for Unattended workloads

I am trying to understand the best approach to use Citrix for unattended RPA. Is VDI best approach or Xenapp?
How do you get the unattended workloads to login automatically and run your identified process?
If anybody has experience surrounding this I would like to reach out and understand.
Do you need to switch session sharing off?

Hi @CitXen

Please feel free to explore our documentation a bit:

Both options are supported. On top of that, with the release 2018.4 Native Citrix Automation does not always require image recognition.

As far as the unattended automation is concerned, it is possible together with the Orchestrator. Using schedules you can automatically log in to the virtual machine and execute your process, as long as the Robot service was previously installed on that machine.

Thank you very much for this. I will read and get back to you if further information required. Much appreciated.

"As far as the unattended automation is concerned, it is possible together with the Orchestrator. Using schedules you can automatically log in to the virtual machine and execute your process, as long as the Robot service was previously installed on that machine. "

Is this direct on the Xenapp server or Client machine with Receiver accessing Xenapp server resources?

If VDI approach, I assume you do this local to the VDI with installed apps?

How does Citrix licensing come in to effect if you are not actually brokering to machines in a VDI approach?

1 Like

Hi Gareth, were you able to resolve / test this? I’m curious if an unattended robot would be able to log on to citrix and work on a machine assigned randomly out of the pool.

KR

Hi @Ewout any updates on this? I’m confused as I think a Citrix machine isn’t an OS which is running and waiting for a login. So how will an Orchestrator start a Virtual Machine if this machine isn’t existent unless a Citrix client will initiate a new virtual Desktop?