Chrome windows detection problems

RPA is thinking outside the box sometimes. Here is a trick that I performed using Basic Recording + Ui Explorer to get the Robot to at least highlight the Print Button.

Caveat is it works on a typical laptop screen but not the second larger monitor.

See if you do the same on your end. I haven’t proceeded to the next steps as I have to get back to the Reboot Festival

Step 1: Attach to the Parent Chrome Window and send a Hotkey Ctrl + p to bring up the Print Dialog

Step 2: Use the Basic Recording to Click the Print Button (Hint: Repeat click on Print button twice, the Robot will catch the Print Button)

Stop Recording and get back to the Flow in Studio and delete the First activity inside of the Basic Recording Sequence. Here is how the flow looks like:

If you open the Selector in UiExplorer you must see something like this. Observe that the full selector can go all the way down to the Print button

Right Click on push button and choose ‘Set as Target’

You will see a Selector like this below once you Save and get back to Studio

<wnd app='chrome.exe' cls='Chrome_WidgetWin_1' title='*.pdf - Google Chrome' />
<ctrl name='*.pdf' role='document' />
<ctrl name='[hidden], :host([hidden]) { display: none !important; } :host { *' role='push button' text='Print' />

Hope you will be able to unlock the rest and help the community.

thanks

2 Likes