Chrome Password Popup: Automating the website logon prompt in Chrome Browser

Hello there, I am trying to automate a corporate website which detects logged on corp user on the OS and automatically logs into the website.
For this I am running a Powershell script to run browser from different user credentials and it works fine. However the spawned browser still requires the username and password to login. (Chrome popup).

I have tried to record the popup with basic/desktop/web recording, but none of the recording is detecting type into activity, it just keep recording it as ‘Click on Chrome.exe’ activity.
Please refer screenshot:

How to I get this working?

1 Like

Kindly install chrome extension for uipath so that we would be able to take that pop up as individual element

If still not able to access then try with IE Browser which is what is more stable with uipath compared to orhers and it doesn’t need any extension to be installed as well

Or even if issue persists like you want to proceed only with chrome then use COMPUTER VISION activities

Cheers @RajeshSwarnkar

Hi Pala,

The chrome plugin is installed and active. However, I have noticed, when spawning browser from the powershell script the plugin is not active. I have no idea why this is happening.

regards,
Rajesh

1 Like

Hmm
Ok kindly Try with send hot keys with key tab and use type into activity to type onto the fields
Cheers @RajeshSwarnkar

Let me try the Image recording and send alt hot key. (I am not sure the disadvantages of the Image recording. )

1 Like

The solution to handle the chrome website login popup is attached here:
HandleLogonPopup.xaml (28.3 KB)

Note: The browser must have the UIPath Extension enabled even if you run the chrome from different user.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.