Choosing a single string from an array of strings with dropdown list in Assign Activity

yes i know how to do this. my main issue is how to get the same dropdown but by using a variable with type system.string array that has many strings all inside one single variable. take a look at my initial post above. this is much better because it reduces the amount of variables created in contrast to creating a new variable for every different value, and that is not to mention that it also reduces the amount of lagging drastically when opening the variables panel.

1 Like

There are two ways of doing it @private_matter

• Creating a class library using Visual Studio and then use the package inside
  • Use data services entities to invoke and use, which is pretty easy to do if you have access to UiPath DataServices

Kindly confirm

#nK

The solution to your problem is given by @Nithinkrishna already.

1 Like

please show a detailed step-by-step on how to do this as I don’t know how to create a class library nor do I know how to use data services. It would be nice if you can send a video demonstrating your example.

1 Like

Yes, If you can please confirm if you have data services access. Then yes I can proceed with the steps or demo.

Else I will go with visual studio

For Data Services please check at your UiPath cloud

After navigating to data services

Thanks
#nK

@Nithinkrishna

it’s blank. I have no entity in Data Service just like in your second pic.

1 Like

Entities - UiPath Data Service - Google Chrome 2021-07-28 21-51-10.zip (5.0 MB)

That’s perfect. Let me guide you with the setup of it.

Navigate to choice sets in Data Services and create one for you like this.

The next step will be in UiPath will upload below

#nK

I created the same steps as you showcase in the video. Now what’s the next step?

1 Like

Hey @private_matter

Sorry for the delay. I was facing a recording issue.

PFA - https://easyupload.io/r46c7g

Hope this helps

Thanks
#nK

Sure okay. It should play in any browser or vlc.

That was due to the recording issue.

Let me know if you will be needing further help.

Thanks
#nK

I replicated your visual example and it works flawlessly without any issues. But why can’t we build these choice sets directly in UiPath instead of from the cloud? Anyways, thank you for the solution you provided. I will mark this as resolved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes building that choice is like we need to scaffold things at the backend like reload the entire project and attaching the assembly.

So directly in UiPath it’s not possible for now. But the above two methods you can use any.

Thanks
#nK

Yeah, I get it. I will be using this method when I need to. Thx once again. Cheers!

1 Like

man, did you ever did any training or tried to read the documentation?

and

just google it, there is also plenty of topics here about it…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.