Checking value type from excel file in ReFramework

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

What I want :

• Checking format type of excel data (integer, string, date field…etc)
  • If not the right format, stop the process

Q : To checking the type of datas from excel files, should I check on process.xaml or InitApplications.xaml file before adding queue from datatable ?

Advance Thanks,

2 Likes

Hey @MasterSinge

It’s ways better to check before adding to queue.

Since adding invalid data to queue not making sense which will be moved to processing.

Thanks
#nK

Hi @MasterSinge
i would suggest you to do it in InitApplications.xaml file before pushing datatable items to queue

Better to filter 1st rather than filtering after queues

Thanks @Nithinkrishna, @nikhil.girish !!!

How Should I stop the process before Adding queue in InitAllApplications.xaml if the datatype is not correct please ?

1 Like

Hey @MasterSinge

Just enclose the Add Queue Item activity inside and IF activity by mentioning the data type check in the IF condition prop.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Thanks you very much, my point is how stop the process in initAllApplications.xaml

What I want :
If the data type is not correct, stop all the process.

1 Like

Hey @MasterSinge

You can use Throw for creating an exception or use Terminate workflow activity for the same.

Throw will guide the process flow to End Process which is good to do, where as terminate workflow will abruptly stop the workflow which is not recommended.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

I was using my Robot as debug mode, that’s why the workflow doesn’t terminate automatically.

Thanks @Nithinkrishna !

1 Like

Cool @MasterSinge

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.