I made a workflow, which basicly should perform the following task.
- upload File1 and File2 in DT1 and DT2
- compile each row of DT1 and DT2 into a string. (rowstring1 and rowstring2 variable)
- compare the first row of File1 (rowstring1) with all rows of File2 (rowstring2)
- each time when the content is the same it should add +1 to T_sum variable
- continue with row number 2 of File1 compare it to all rows of File2 add +1 to T_sum. go to row number 3 of File 1 and so on…
some additional info: both files File1 and File2 have 60-70 rows which are filled. but the Excel list goes until 402 both in File1 and File2.
To my question: the result at the end is something like 109000 (rows with the same content). but at this current stage the result should be should be 60-70 rows with same content. why is it displaying this absurd result ?
even if it is counting all empty rows (empty rowstring variables) the result should be 402 max.
Second question would be: how can I exclude emty variables of rowstring1 and rowstring2. I tried in the condition of the first while loops “rowstring1.trim.length <> 0 Andalso rowstring2.trim.length <> 0”. and I also tried “rowstring1.equals(”") = false Andalso rowstring2.equals("") = flase". both methods don’t seem to work.
here is the file:
Main.xaml (12.2 KB)
thanks for your help!
P.S: sorry for uploading it here but there is apparently no ‘Rookies’ section anymore.