Check whether a button appears on the screen

Hi All,

I have a requirement where:

After uploading a file on the screen,does certain validation.
Once the validation messages are fully copied to the screen, a new button will appear and the time will vary depending on the size of the file.

Once the button appears,I need to click and perform other activities and if it doesn’t appear within specified amount of timeout provided -it should send an email

I tried using OnImageAppear and GetAttribute activities as well. Provided timeout also. But its not working as expected.

Kindly provide your suggestions

Hi,
you can try with element exists activity to check if the button appears or not and also in the property panel where you will have a property called timeout give it like 30000, which is like 30 seconds and then let the wait for property be interactive only then use a decision to check if the button pops up or not and then based on that you can send mail.(it works like till 30 seconds it waits for element to appear if appears early it will contnue to next stage or else after 30 seconds it will go to next stage).

Let us know if this helps,
Regards,
Pavan H

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help.

Even I have implemented the same logic but somehow it s not working
Let me try with ElementExists once

Its not waiting for the validation to gets completed and it reruns True for the element exist activity(even though the button has not yet appeared on the screen) and go to the next sequence.

@Teenu Please change Wait for Ready property from properties from “Interactive” to “None” or “Complete”(Check both options)

Hello,

Ideally element exists should work.

Other alternative(Using try Catch): Use on element appear activity (for that button which appears after validation) in try block. If found within the timeout, well and good else catch and in finally block send email.

Element Exist worked!!Thank you

Actually the same button appears on top of the page also when the page gets loaded so it always returns True and changing the selectors resolved the issue

thank you !!

1 Like

Hey,
can you close the loop by marking correct answer as solution.
This will help others in need.

Regards,
Pavan H

Element Exist worked!!Thank you

Actually the same button appears on top of the page also when the page gets loaded so it always returns True and changing the selectors resolved the issue

thank you !!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.