Check of attended deployment with assistant

Hi Lisa,

The UI for creating a machine template only mentions unattended licences. My issue is entirely about getting attended automations deployed for use with assistant. Can you confirm that machine templates can be used with attended processes? If so, how are they licenced? The machine template creation screen only asks for UNattended licences.

Thanks.

Hi Craig,

Machine templates can be used for attended users. You do not need to specify any unattended run times - it will be licensed by verifying the user of the machine i.e. domain\username to what is given to the user in their profile for attended robots which is also in the domain\username format.

However, you will see here that interactive sign in is recommended for attended robot types for modern folders.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

When a user tries to log in to Assistant they are shown a page with the tenant selection screen. Only one tenant is shown, which is the one they have access to, but when they click on it the page just reloads. This is logged in Orchestrator:

Abp.Authorization.AbpAuthorizationException: Current user did not login to the application!
at UiPath.Orchestrator.Web.Authorization.UiAuthorizationHelper.AuthorizeAsync(IEnumerable`1 authorizeAttributes)
at Abp.Authorization.AuthorizationHelper.CheckPermissionsAsync(MethodInfo methodInfo, Type type)
at UiPath.Orchestrator.Web.Authorization.UiAuthorizationHelper.AuthorizeAsync(MethodInfo methodInfo, Type type)
at UiPath.Orchestrator.Web.Authorization.UiAuthorizationFilter.OnAuthorizationAsync(AuthorizationFilterContext context)

Can you tell me what’s happening here? I have observed that the user’s robot is NOT installed in service mode, it is in user mode (though there is still a UiPath Robot Service service listed which is confusing).

Thanks.

Hi Lisa,

I am looking at machine templates now. Orchestrator does not allow a machine template to be created without assigning at least one unattended runtime licence when the template is created at the folder level. Can I add create it at the tenant level and then apply it to the folder?

Craig

Hi Craig, yes you can do exactly that!

Regarding your error, if this is still happening I would suggest you to open a support ticket.

Ugh, our machines are so locked-down that adding the key is going to be a pain but I’ll look into it.

Thanks.

Hi Lisa,

Is there a way to add the machine key when the preferences section in assistant says ‘You do not have permission to update Orchestrator Settings. Please contact your company administrator for help’?

Thanks.

Hi Lisa,

Could I have 500 attended users connecting to Orchestrator with the same machine template key? What is the effect of key sharing on being able to run attended processes? Should there be one key and machine template per process?

Thanks.

Sounds like you have used Machine level installation and registered the robot as a service. By default this requires administration privileges to make modifications to the UiRobot Settings and Service.

Aside from adjusting permissions for users to modify the installation files and the service. The only other way for ‘normal’ users to manage their Robot settings is to install the Robot in User Mode which does not require administration privileges as it is installed in the User’s AppData.

Machine keys are there to authenticate the machine and allow it to communicate with Orchestrator. We do something similar and use Machine Templates per Team/Department, but in reality how you organize and manage it is up to you.

The ability for a user to be able to run a particular process is determined by the User running the Assistant and which Folders that user is granted access to with the appropriate Roles/Permissions to run processes. The processes are created within the Folder and this gives you a lot of flexibility if you have certain processes that only a select group of users should have access to.