Chatbot sample for retail

Thanks @Karan this would really help us a lot.

2 Likes

Great work @Karan! Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you very much @Karan!

@Karan Can you please tell me if I receive a List of strings(e.g. Items List) from Process. How can I display it properly in Chatbot(Dialog Flow) response.
Thanks in advance.

@gaurav.tiwari - simply format the string in your process as you’d like it to appear in the chat response, and then assign it to the output argument that’s in the Dialogflow intent response.
The discount code fulfilment and order status fulfilment processes in this retail sample provide examples of this

Does UiPath use only Google Dialog flow? Not Microsoft LUIS? UiPath being a windows based product, I was hoping that it will be more compatible with the Microsoft products.

@savantsa - The preview only uses Google Dialogflow
For a Microsoft based solution, please refer to our code-based Microsoft Bot Framework reference implementation, which uses LUIS for NLU: Chatbot-Samples/BotFramework at master · UiPath/Chatbot-Samples · GitHub

@Karan How can we improve the performance between Dialog Flow and UIPath. Sometimes UIPath returned output(I can see job is completed in Orchestrator) but still dialog flow take some time to display the output in bot.

Working on it text appear bit longer which can make user frustrated.Is there any way we can improve this.

1 Like

@gaurav.tiwari - currently, there is no way to improve the time it takes to display the response to the user in the chat from a configuration perspective. If possible, can you share an example video/gif to illustrate the wait, and typically how long you need to wait to see a response after the process has returned an output?

https://www.transfernow.net/K9fMh9062020

@Karan I have uploaded the video and you can see that for both the operations it’s taking a very longer time. Which will direct impact user experience?

@Karan Is there any other bot available which we can integrate with UI Path. i just want to improve the performance if any other option is available then I’ll try that also.

Thanks for the video @gaurav.tiwari. Looking at it, it seems like the response comes back to the user within a couple of seconds once the process finishes running. To improve the response time, I would recommend finding ways to optimize the process to run faster.

On alternate options, we do have a code-based reference implementation on our GitHub that uses a chatbot built using the Microsoft Bot Framework. However, since a bulk of the time is spent in executing the process, changing the chatbot being integrated won’t help too much. If you’d like to give our reference implementation a try, you can find it here: GitHub - UiPath/Chatbot-Samples: Welcome to the UIPath Chatbot samples repository. Here you will find example of using Microsoft BotFramework to build a chatbot that connects to UiPath RPA.

can you please give some more usecases…so that we can do more practise on the dialogflow and uipath integration.

Hi @ajay_sai - some ideas on use cases of how to extend this sample, as well as other chatbot scenarios to consider can be found here: Chatbot sample for retail
If there are any other samples that you’d like to see beyond retail, let me know :slight_smile:

@Karan, very informative and we’ll explained. Thanks for this. I am trying to implement use case similar to use case 2.
I need some architectural advice. Eg. In your use case 2, Should we store customer order information in a database or Excel or we can directly process it from queue as key value pair?

@SWATI_KAROT - Can you elaborate a bit more on your scenario?

@Karan,
The scenario here is, I have set of PDF files that contains information about different companies. User asks for specific information like CEO of a particular company, say ‘Tell me the CEO of Tesla’. The chatbot should take CEO and Tesla as input and should pass to UIpath Process. The process should trigger and return the required information(i.e perform an OCR and find the CEO from the PDF file).
Now my question is should I preprocess these information(since its static data and wont change over time) and store in Database or excel? Or should i use queues to temporarily store the output and get the data from ‘get transaction item activity’, whenever there is a request from chatbot?

@SWATI_KAROT - Thanks for the clarification! In your scenario, I’d recommend storing this information from the PDF in a db or excel.
In the sample, we use queues to store temporarily store user-specific information that might be need to be needed in process runs triggered in subsequent queries. The source of truth continues to remain in excel

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your input @Karan. Let me implement one and see.

A post was split to a new topic: Invalid format for argument ‘orderIndex’: Input string was not in a correct format