CHange License Information

How do I change license information for my UiPath Studio, Robot and Orchestrator.

I have studio, robot and orchestrator running on vendor license. I need to change the information as I bought new licenses. I need to stop using vendor license and update it with the license I bought. How do I do that?

1 Like

Hi Manas,

fallow below step for Studio & robot

1. Delete existing license folder( before delete backup the license folder)
    start → run → type "%Programdata%, it will open new windows then UiPath-> UiPath-> License folder
  2. Restart UiPath service
  3. open UiPath it will prompt you for activation. activate UiPath studio and robot with new key.

Thanks
Brij

2 Likes

Thank you, this seems to be one way of achieving it, hoping similar approach works for Orchestrator and Robot.
I was wondering, can we ask UiPath team to update it from server? as all the license details are stored with them as well.

Deleting local license info is only doing part of the job - you’ll be able to register new license, but old one is still used (as far as license checks are considered).

Depending on your used version it might vary a little bit, but take a look here for starters:

If not sufficient, search for topics about license, unregister, deactivate etc. - sometimes you need to use some Google-fu like abilities :wink:
Lastly, if you can’t find a dependable solution on your own (or you’re unsure if a particular license has been correctly unregistered), contact UiPath support - keeping licenses correctly assigned is in their benefit as well as it prevents “but we had licenses left!” complaints in the future.

2 Likes

@badita @loginerror @ovi - Changing the license was recently an issue for us and the Studio Documentation Portal doesn’t appear to address license changes, only new activation (though I could be mistaken). Could one of you please weigh in on the UiPath preferred approach? Our CSM recommended the following alternative approach using the that worked well for me:
(1) Close Studio and Robot
(2) Open Command Prompt program (preferably as an administrator)
(3) In the Command Console, change the directory to UiPath’s Studio executable, for instance “cd C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath”
(4) Next in the Command Console, run the following: “regutil deactivate”
(5) Re-open Studio to provide the new license key

We appreciate your guidance.

Hi @mark.bullard

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

This seems just about right. Using the command line of the regutil tool, you can easily manage your local licenses.
See here for a full list of commands for the tool:
https://docs.uipath.com/robot/v2019.0.0/docs/regutil-command-descriptions

1 Like

Hi Loginerror,
I am just a beginner and just created robot on Uipath orchestrator for publish of my bots.
The issue i am facing is not able to connec from Uipath robot to Uipath Orchestrator .
Issue in Uipath robot is showing: " Connected , Unlicensed" :
When i take mouse hover on it , it is showing: “The machine key is linked to another machine”.
I am refering:
“Orchestrator error “the machine key is linked to another machine””
But still facing same issue .
Is your solution is correct for my issue ?
please let me know.

Hi @ashok.nayak09

Could you give this topic a read and see if the issue will be fixed by following the guide?

1 Like

hi Loginerror,
This solution worked for me. Now my UiPath robot showing connected and Licensed.
Great job.Thanks for your response.:relaxed:

If Studio date(15-Apr-2020) is different than Robot date(16-Mar-2020) how we will update licence.

Hi @pankajs3

Please contact our licensing support to resolve your query :slight_smile: