Change environment name without interruption

Hi, I read that it is not possible to change an environment name. Will the robots need to redownload the processes if I create a new environment with exactly the same processes but a different name?

2 Likes

Yes buddy @Jizh, you are right
we cannot change the environment name
only we can create a new environment and assign the robot that we want to this environment and we need to create a new process (no need to download, just we need to publish them in the studio with orchestrator robot in connected status) and add the new environment to the newly created process
Cheers @Jizh

1 Like

@Palaniyappan So I can’t just assign an existing process to the newly created environment? And if I publish the process again, I guess the other robots that used the old process in the old environment will now need to download it again, as a new version number is assigned?

1 Like

yes buddy we cannot assign the existing process to new environment and we have to create a new process under process tab and assign that new environment

yes as you have published the package newly, we have to make it as current inprocess tab and click view process in the right end of the process name, and this will assign those robots with newly published package

Cheers @Jizh

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the info.
I hope UiPath will allow renaming one day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No Worries
Yah…may be they might have done to make it robust in managing the different robots
Cheers buddy @Jizh
Keep going

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.