Change Action Center Form Tasks Title

Hi Team,

Is there anyway to change the title of action center form tasks title ?
Task is already created and now I want to change title by giving field and save or submit form.

Regards,
Hamid Hassan

Hello @hamid-hassan!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @hamid-hassan , The entire Actions forms are editable (based on how you have designed it)., we have not enabled editing Actions meta-data (like title, catalog, priority etc). Can this be handled by having Title field in the form ?

not sure but let me check this.

Hi Liji,

Checked this solution but not worked. The task created by current value of variable , but not changed when you change the value of that variable from task from.

Hi @hamid-hassan , Task title of an action cannot be modified at this point.
What I was trying to suggest is to model your form to have a Title field that’s marked as In/Out , so that it is editable by the user and any change eventually is reflected back to the workflow.
I have added this to the backlog to understand if we get similar asks from other customers. Could you give me a scenario why would a user like to change the task title as created by the Robot(than the task form fields?), is this very occasional or part of a mainstream use case ?

Hi @Liji ,
This is required because I am creating task name as (vendor name+invoice number) which I am extracting from Invoice using Document Understanding. This information can be incorrect sometime. That’s why client asked if the information is not correct then we should have fields in task form to change these and it should reflect in title as well. because in future they can search the tasks by Vendor name or Invoice Number easily.

Thanks for the details. We have added this to our backlog and will be addressed as per its priority in future releases.

Thank you @Liji .