[CERTIFICATION EXAM]

Hi @Priya_Priya

Having future developments in mind, I would suggest to use the same email for all our platforms whenever possible :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hi all,

very informative topic, thank you!

i am still unsure about what to do regarding a certain request in the certification exam, the “Add the ACME_Credential to the Excel Config file”. It says we’re not supposed to use Orchestrator Assets. I assume we are not to store user and password in clear text in config.

So i am tempted to use windows credential as asset, with Get Secure Credetial activity in the login workflow. Is this ok(as far as grading and review for certification is concerned)?

Thank you!
Serban

1 Like

Just put the Creed as config item

1 Like

I used get secure credentials

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Like @Afiyah I could also not clear the certification practical exam, twice already, with the same given grade and same given answers for Failed criteria:
check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential - I have these in the config file, as well as 3 other extra elements!

check for renaming activities 2 - I looked and tried to rename every activity I could, maybe there was one that I missed, but still.

check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 1 - I am not sure what this one pertains to, since I checked to make sure that the application did what was intended.

check usage of transactiondata - Same as the above

check against using hardcoded values 1 - I had no hardcoded values whatsoever, I made sure to triple check this! Unless they consider the “input parameters” when invoking a method as being “hardcoded”, which seems, honestly, counter-intuitive in a way, considering that 2 of the only values used like this already came with REFramework (the values were directing towards the Config file)

check against using hardcoded values 2 - Same as the above

check against using correct city values - Per instructions I did not have city values to match against but country values, values which I had saved on the Config file and made sure to fetch them and use data manipulation to obtain those into a String Array so I could match them to the Scrapped data. These values, I triple checked too to make sure they were correct!

The instructions/guidelines I received were to perform a simple, in 1 REFramework (no separate Dispatcher and Performer), Scraping data from All Vendors and then check, by TaxID, every single vendor for their name, city and country, then make sure the country value was contained in the Country Values String Array. Business Exception and other Exceptions were performed (but these are not part of the Failed Criteria).

I already submitted a ticket, but in the response I was told “Unfortunately, we have no developers available to check your assignment manually”. Could someone help me with this?

Thank you

Even i get the same output…
it’s really difficult to understand what exactly went wrong in my case or anyother mentioned above.
i have gone through all videos in academy and solve all assignment too in advance training.
Similar way i did this assignments and now the result.

It seems contradictory then that whatever we learnt and did the same way but getting result like this.

Can somebody really help from Uipath to understand what exactly meanining of each error log given in following result so that we can rectify and resubmit rather than just wisdom of words “go through all videos in academy and then try”

Your final mark is 63

Unfortunately you did not pass the Certification on 2019-02-10 16:11:27.

Your status is - Not Certified

Failed criteria:

check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential,
check for renaming activities 1,
check for renaming activities 2,
check for correct target selector 1,
check for correct target selector 2,
check for correct queue item properties with optimal usage,
check for validation of correct items

Same problem here, the Failed criteria are not giving much indication, and seem erroneous. For instance, yes I did include configurations in config.xlsx, and renamed my activities. What is considered a correct usage of items/transactiondata? For the record, I have done the assignments from class 3 already. What should I do next?

• check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential,
  • check for renaming activities 1,
  • check for renaming activities 2,
  • check for correct target selector 1,
  • check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 1 ,
  • check for correct usage of transactiondata,
  • check against using hardcoded values 2,
  • check using correct city values

i also receive same problem:

check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential,
check the initallapplications.xaml file, for correct definition and functionality. ,
check for renaming activities 1,
check for correct target selector 2,
check usage of transactiondata,
check for correct usage of transactiondata,
check using correct city values,
check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 2

any details please…

do you mean add the credential user id and password in config file ?
and remove the orchestrator key ?

I passed the exam and thats what I did. We cannot use the orchestrator. Put them as config items and you should be thru

i’ve added them as windows credentials, will that be fine as well ?
so now my config looks as below:

@ANSHUL No. You have to use the same Words as ACME_URL and ACME_Credential. Also for Credential, you can use Orchestrator. Since you are using Orchestrator for Dispatching Queue Items anyway. So there no point saying You can’t Use Orchestrator.

To follow REFramework and TransactionItem type as QueueItem, You have to use Orchestrator.

you don’t use orchestrator in developper certification

I used Orchestrator in Developer Certification. (for Queue and Assets)

maybe that was before

no. This means if you are using any Orchestrator assets (File Names) pointing out any location outside your Project folder. For credentials or Queueitems you can use Orchestrator.

Hi @Theepan, I am also going to attempt the certification exam. as you said we can use orchestrator. But i have one doubt, how they evaluate if we are referring asset and queue which is in orchestrator and need credential to login orchestrator.

1. You are using UiPath Test Data and test site.
  2. You have to upload your all source code as zip file to them
    If you can read their grading system on certification exam site https://certificate.uipath.com/hubfs/AdvancedCertification-GradingScheme.xlsx

You will get more understanding how they are evaluating your code.

Hi! I also tried certification and the following is my failure criteria:

check for excel appendrange configuration,
check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 1 ,
check usage of transactiondata,
check for correct usage of transactiondata,
check against using hardcoded values 2,
check using correct city values,
check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 2

I used config file with acme_url and acme_credential. my credential is on orchestrator though. Are we not allowed to use store our credentials on orchestrator?

As per the use case, only address, vendor and country is checked. Why do we need city value? And the rest are just unclear to me. I think I used transactiondata and transactionitem correctly. Really frustrating.

can you please upload your config file here.