I did not pass the certification exam for the following reasons:
- Use robotic enterprise framework
- check transaction item variable and argument data types
- check optimal usage of navigation techniques
- Check for renaming activities
- check for excel appendrange configuration
- check for synchronizing ui when navigating pages.
I understand it is an automatic process that checks our code for grading. So my questions are:
- About using Reframework: I definitely used REFramework. What else do I need to do to satisfy this condition. Is there some place where I need to announce that I am using the Reframework?
- The instructions clearly asked that TransactionItem datatype should be a string. Which I did. What else do I need to do? If the arguments datatype are not correct, the bot won’t work, right? So before coming to the conclusions that it does, does the bot that checks our code validate the xaml files and run it at least once or not?
- Define “optimal” usage of navigation techniques. My bot runs correctly and it does the job correctly. What else is optimal to the bot that grades our code?
- About renaming the activities, when there are hundreds of activities, I chose to rename the most important ones and those that would benefit from renaming from a readability point of view. There is no end to this. How many activities need to be renamed and what is the criteria that the automated process uses to determine this?
- Excel AppendRange configuration: I have not even used this particular activity. I used used a writerange activity. So why do I get this reason?
- About “synchronizing ui”, what does that mean? My bot navigates to the correct pages correctly. In fact, in this particular case, all it has to do is, ;login to the site, check for dashboard image, go to workitems page and simply go through page after page while scraping the data from each page. In the end, it closes by logging out and close tab. In this context, what exactly does synchronizing mean?
Just want to make sure the criteria for evaluating the code is practical and useful for the industry at large, not just to satisfy some automated process.