This is my situation and what I’m hoping to achieve with UiPath. I have E-mail address on which I am expecting to receive E-mails with attachments. Attachments are expected to be PDF files that contain Invoices. The job is to process received E-mails by UiRobot that captures the basic Invoice details from each PDF received as an attachment.
What I have managed to do so far is the following:
- I am receiving E-mails via IMAP - good
- Saving all attachments as individual PDF files - good
- Enumerting saved files one by one - good
Now is the missing bit. What I need to happen next. For each PDF file the following needs to take place:
4. PDF file is opened by some kind of UiPath reader. I don’t want Acrobat reader to appear on the screen. In fact, the “headless” server installation is desired.
5. Certain areas in PDF are identified by keyword (e.g. Invoice Number, Total Amount, etc.)
6. Values corresponding to keyword-identified areas are captured into UiPath variables.
Once the above is achieved I think I know what I can do next. The above part - steps 4,5,6 are the mistery to me. So far, by following the video tutorials I was unable to achieve that.
Anyone can offer an example of the described solution or ideas on how to approach it?