Capturing format of excel while creating a new excel from old one

Hi,

Please let me know how to capture the format of excel workbook… I tried creating one single excel document by capturing the data from multiple excel

Not 100% sure what you mean here? If you are talking about the formatting of the Excel workbook then this is not possible with UiPath - formatting would need to be done either using templates, macros or custom activities.

If you just want to read excel files then follow this tutorial https://www.uipath.com/tutorials/excel-and-datatables-automation

you could get the excel format by referring to the file’s extension (xlsx, xls, xlsb etc) - if this is what you mean…

Hi,

I will give the exact scenario: I got 3 excels which has cells being formatted ( like Integer , percentage )… I automate copying the details from these 3 excels into single excel… I was successful in copying , but the formats aren’t the same… the contents are copied as General.

Please let me know if we can copy the content with its format intact.

you could write a CELL formula with ui path in another column: ie.
=CELL(“format”, A1)
it will return a different letter for each format (P = percenatge, D= date, G = text etc.)
otherwise just try to get the type of the value using uipath’s .NET programming

@theo500

I want to set format to Column using Uipath

@richarddenton
Is there still no pre-implemented way of doing this?

Have you tried checking the checkbox “PreserveFormat(slower)” in the UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelReadRange properties window?

Check for any errors in formatting though. I was using this today and when I had a long dollar figure in a column (ex: $1,279,424.00) if the column width was too narrow in Excel (where it displays like ######## until you widen the column in Excel) it was actually copying over the ######## into my DataTable instead of the dollar amount!