Capture the name of an excel file

The process is as follows: the robot downloads some reports that come with the name (DO_201946579846 the numbers always change) and I need to save that xml file with the name (DO) apart, I need to save them in a folder that I have on the desktop

In this second image it is assumed that with the get text I should capture the text of the file, but it does not, it only takes me the location in the download folder

What they recommended to me to be able to change the name of the file was to use a copy file giving it the fian path with the name I want (DO)

that’s how the copy file is formulated

I don’t know if it’s better understood like that jajajaja

1 Like

Hi

in the for each loop next to the writeline activity we can directly use a activity called
MOVE FILE activity where in the source property mention as item (the variable from for each loop which has the file path) and in destination property mention the folder path where you want to save with the new file name as well (if wanted)
hope we dont need to use a send hot key and get text and then trying to the change the folder and file path

Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Stivend19

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.