Capture data to write to excel

How to access link by link (430 links) and capture only a part of a text to write inside an excel?

Notes: The links are in an excel column. I am able to access link by link with a for each row. Using Screen Scraping brings what I need from a certain link but I can not export to an excel. After that, I will place within a for each row the codes that I look for within the 430 links.

In short: how do I store in excel what I capture from screen scraping?

HI @victorfrs

Based on your description, I believe that you are having the results which you need to write into an excel in a set of variables… am I right?

And you want to get those values in those variables to an excel right?

@victorfrs,

After you getting the desired values from the link and storing it in the variables, you can build a datatable, add these values to the datatable and then write to the excel file as shown in the below screenshot.

Thanks,
Sid

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando , exactly. I created a loop to access the links, I need to read information from each link and create a single column in excel with the information I capture from each link.

Hi @victorfrs!

Since you already created a loop to access the links, what you have to do next is use Get Text activity to get the information you needed.
Please make sure that you create a data table first(before the loop) to store the information. The data table should be configured to have 1 column only.
Then you may now use the Add Data Row activity. In the Add Row activity, set the ArrayRow to {theVariable}.
Finally, use Write Range activity to write the data table in an excel file.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like