Can't renew Robot/Orchestrator license - Community edition

My UiPath license expired yesterday. It was no problem selecting “Continue Free” in Studio but Orchestrator and Robot won’t operate properly.
The robot say “Unlicensed” but connected. In Orchestrator it says “Your license has expired.” However the Robot connection seems fine.

In Studio I try “Acquire License from Orchestrator” but I get error message “Could not obtain license. Please check Robot connection to Orchestrator or activate a local license”.
I’ve also renewed the license via UiPath
I’ve cleared the Licence folder as well but what ever I do I don’t succeed. Very annoying. Please, what could I do?

Version: 2019.9.2

Error log.
21:32:55.6282 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [8] Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UiPath.Licensing.LicenseService.GetEditionFromSubscriptionCode(String subscriptionCode, String bundleCode)
at UiPath.Licensing.LicenseService.d__22.MoveNext()
21:32:58.0364 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [8] Error: No license exist for this installation Exception: UiPath.Licensing.Library.Extended.Exceptions.NotLicensedException: No license exist for this installation
at UiPath.Licensing.Library.Extended.Implementation.OnlineLoader.d__9.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Licensing.Library.Extended.Implementation.LicenseProvider.d__11.MoveNext()
21:32:58.0364 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [8] Error: Error while updating license Exception: UiPath.Licensing.Library.Extended.Exceptions.NotLicensedException: No license exist for this installation
at UiPath.Licensing.Library.Extended.Implementation.OnlineLoader.d__9.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Licensing.Library.Extended.Imple

After spending almost 24h trying to resolve this I suddenly managed to update to a Beta-release and problems were gone. I love UiPath but there are too often strange problems making me questioning if I would advice any customer to use it in production.

1 Like

The error seems like the activity at which this error occurred has a variable with null value in it
to validate that use a writeline activity and mention that variable so that we could be able to see the value in the output panel and validate whether it has value or not

and this error depicts that

hope these threads would help you

Yah using beta is fine
But we need to use Stable at sometimes to make use of certain packages
That’s fine

Cheers @HenrikX

Yes that is one of the threads I was following. There were no problem updating the license for Studio but nothing helped. No the first time I run in to unexplainable problems. Hopefully the product will be more stable in the future.

Hi @HenrikX

Thanks for reporting!

I believe it was due to the latest Cloud Platform update. The fix was to re-assign licenses to your Orchestrator instance from your Cloud Account (as per this post).

I believe there was a correction made to fix it and this is why the issue is gone now.

We always try to keep track of user issues to quickly address any types of problems that we see on the Forum, so feel free to search around the latest post for official responses to similar issues.

1 Like

Yes! This seems to be exactly the problem I was experiencing as well. Thank you so much for the comment. Good to see that I was not the only one having this problem. Just very frustrated that I had to spend almost 24h trying to resolve it. Time totally wasted and it was not the first time Uipath had similar issues halting work.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.