Can't open my project in Enterprise free trial

Hello everyone,

Today I install the free trial of enterprise edition for… trying you know…
But I have a problem when I want to open my project UiPath say “Error for detecting the version of the project”

And it doesn’t open it, but I can open my project without problem in commnuity edition on another computer, and I can’t just copy/paste my activities in a working project…

So how do I do for recovering my project ? Or making it work in the enterprise edition ?

This is the logs :

Erreur lors de l’ouverture du document: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException —> System.NotSupportedException: Erreur lors de la détection de la version du projet
à UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent, Dictionary2 availablePackages) à UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<Read>b__0() à System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke()
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
— Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l’emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l’exception a été levée —
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
à UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.d__12.MoveNext()
— Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l’emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l’exception a été levée —
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
à UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.ProjectJsonReader.d__4.MoveNext() dans d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow\Project\Factory\ProjectJsonReader.cs:ligne 27
à UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.<GetFactoryByPath>d__21.MoveNext() dans d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Core\CommonServices\PersistableServiceBase.cs:ligne 258 --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.d__11.MoveNext() dans d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Core\CommonServices\PersistableServiceBase.cs:ligne 0
à UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase`3.d__10.MoveNext() dans d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Core\CommonServices\PersistableServiceBase.cs:ligne 0
à UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__20.MoveNext() dans d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\Services\OpenCloseCommandsService.cs:ligne 225
— Fin de la trace de la pile d’exception interne —
à UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__20.MoveNext() dans d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\Services\OpenCloseCommandsService.cs:ligne 235
à UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__14.MoveNext() dans d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\Services\OpenCloseCommandsService.cs:ligne 88
à UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.d__206.MoveNext() dans d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\ViewModels\MainWindowViewModelCommands.cs:ligne 182, HResult -2146233088

Thank you

Hi @Ludo.F

It most likely comes from the fact that the Community Edition runs at a newer version than your Enterprise installation (2019.8 against most likely 2019.4.4 or 2018.4?).

This type of compatibility is not supported.

It is possible though to sign up for the Insider’s preview and receive an Enterprise installer. See for more info here:

Hi @loginerror

Yeah I see my community edition was uptaded this morning, but the project can still run on it. If it was a problem because of the newer version the project will not work in previous or in the new community edition.

But anyways, I install both edition on my computer and I change manually what the enterprise edition doesn’t accept (it’s some image exist and find images matches activities) I don’t know why they doesn’t work because I have other same activities in the robot but it’s just the last I set-up who’s not working (set-uped 2 week ago)

You basically cannot run the projects from newer version in the older version. Additionally, having both Enterprise and Community on one machine might cause some issues with the execution of the projects.

It comes from the fact that the older version does not ‘understand’ new features introduced since then.

So maybe the problem is because I open the project one time in the newer version and this changing the project so now I can’t open is the older version.

Ok I see, I’ll keep in mind to uninstall the community edition after

Indeed, if you open your old project once in a newer version, some things might get updated and it will no longer open in the older one.

One thing to try would be to copy your project, delete project.json and then reopen it from the Main.xaml in the older version.

One of the things that changed between the versions is the json schema version, which in such a workaround would not cause the issue.

1 Like

Thank you for this tips !

But how do I do if I have the enterprise edition on my computer and a VM in azure cloud with community edition (because I have only one licence trial), this will be hard for communicate between my vm in cloud and my personal computer right ?

Actually, I believe trial key has up to 10 machines on it (maybe it was 5, I can’t recall). Thus, you should be able to re-use the trial key and use Enterprise installation on the VM.

True this work !

I hope I can do that now : How to schedule the robot in orchestrator in azure VM?

1 Like