Can't indicate in excel in StudioX

by any change when you tried installing the excel addin, was excel open or the process present in task manager? can you try to reinstall it making sure excel si closed? be aware that because you installed the vsto file by hand you need to uninstall it from uninstall programs as well.
then try again to install the addin from studiox.

Thanks for the quick response. I still get the same error message when installing the xls addin from studiox. Not sure what could be the cause of this. (yesterday I even reinstalled excel, but didn’t changed the addin).

Copy of the error log from Uipath:

Error: UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupException: Installation failed. Please check the execution logs
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.GetDriverResponse(String receivedData)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.d__8.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.d__7.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.ToolsPageViewModel.d__34.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233088

while in studiox project press ctrl+L and please attach the exceladdin_install.log

Hello
i am getting below error while selecting “Indicate in excel”

Hello,

That’s because you either do not have the plugin installed or that you had a previous version installed which is not compatible with StudioX anymore thus the repair statement in the message :slight_smile:
Regards,
Dragos.