Can't extract full datatable with Read Range (strange bug with Read Range activity)

Hello guys, i have found a strange bug in Read Range activity.
I have an Excel with the same data in two sheets, but the position of data is difference. “Sheet1” start at “F11”, “Sheet2” start at “B2”.

headers: |Header_1|Header_2|Header_3|
data row 1: |a|b|c|
data row 2: |d|e|f|

When I use Read Range activity to extract data from “Sheet1” and the start range is “F11”, it returns a datatable with only one header, and no Row data:

I do the same with “Sheet2”
But I move the data to another position and start range is “B2” and it works fine, full data in that sheet are extracted.
The problem is that, whenever I move the data to far from “A1”, “F11” for ex, it cant read all the data.
Is there any solutions for this.
Best regards.

1 Like

Sheet 1 here

1 Like

Sheet 2 here, this sheet work fine.

1 Like

I have same problem and dont know why?

Hi @CuongNguyen

Can you please check below once.Its working fine

1 Like

Hi @CuongNguyen

Can you please check the workflow attached.

Excelsheet1test.xlsx (8.8 KB) ExcelTestData.xaml (5.6 KB)

I use exact your xaml and excel file, but the problem still the same, my team 's member also got this problem.

Thanks for reply.

Hi Can you please check the excel version or Manage packages and Uipath Version.
I am using these versions, Excel: MS Excel 2020
Thanks
Latika

This is my Excel activity version

Here is the Studio

Hi @CuongNguyen

Can you change the Read range activity : “F11” to " " and try once.

The " " work fine.

I think this might cause the problem.
If you want range you can use “F11:F20”

Thanks
Latika

I really need to start reading at some specific location (ex: F11), because my sheet may contain some other data. If I use “”, it will get the whole sheet, this is what I don’t really want to do.

Use read cell if you are going to read just a cell value. For range, input exact range or “”. F11 is not a range, “F11:F20” is a range.

When I use Latika10011740 excel and xaml file above. I can’t get the same result like him. This is my concern now.

The document say “the range is specified as a cell, the whole spreadsheet starting from that cell is read”. So I think, if I start at F11, I will get the datatable with data from F11 to the end of the sheet.

If I use F11:F20 like you mention above, I will only get the header of the table I want to read data from.

Thanks for reply.

For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please do register a ticket directly with Academy Support here:

uipath.com

Contact UiPath Learning

Get in touch with our team for any information you might need regarding Academy courses, Certifications and/or Trainings.

Thank you :slight_smile: