Cannot update the Username of a Floating Robot with an active session!

Hi All, I get an error when I am trying to add the “Allow to be Automation User” i get an error stating: Cannot update the Username of a Floating Robot with an active session! in orchestrator
Any ideas on how to fix this issue? thank you in advance.

Hey,
it’s looks like you have active session with this username.
Before you will change the username you have to logout this user form active session.
Go to the license tab and check on which machine this user has open session:

Hi, thank you, so I logged out of the UIpath Assistant and was able to edit the rolls, how ever now when i try to run the robot from orchestrator, get the following error:
Any ideas?

Floating robots works fine for attended robots. How you try launch the process ?

This was setup as an unattended robot

I’m not sure what you’ll trying to do, but ‘Floating Robots’ can be set only for attended licenses:

Maybe will trying set the machine template ?

• Floating Robot - works on any machine defined in Orchestrator, be it Standard or Template, as the machine name is not relevant when creating it. Only Attended and Development Robots can be floating, and as such, they become licensed automatically when you open the Robot tray. These types of Robots only work with Active Directory users and are useful if the machine you want to add a Robot to has a different name each time it is spawned, such as for Non-Persistent VDIs. Same goes for hotseat environments, where different people are working in shifts on the same computer.

• Standard Machine - should be used when the name of the machine on which you want to define Robots remains the same each time you connect to it - the standard scenario. You define the machine once, and then can connect to any number of Robots in the Robots page. A Robot in this scenario connects to Orchestrator using the machine name - machine key - username combination.

• Machine Template - should be used when the name of the machine on which you want to define Robots changes every time, as in the case of non-persistent Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI). You define this entity once and then connect to any number of Attended Floating Robots using a unique Active Directory username. A Robot in this scenario connects to Orchestrator only using the machine key and username combination.