It is not possible to update Orchestrator license after it was extended either in online or offline mode due to following error message: "Update failed! Please remove some Development robots to match the number of defined licenses. (#1908)" .
Issue Description: The Orchestrator license is modified and the product StudioPro is added to the bundle-implying that it was not covered earlier in the subscription plan.
After the license change, trying to update the license from Orchestrator might throw the following error message: "Update failed! Please remove some Development robots to match the number of defined licenses. (#1908) " .
- In Orchestrator, navigate to Robots > User sessions. Identify which Robot is connected now
- Once identified, go to the profile of the user account or robot account and edit it
- In the Robot Setup Section, change the license Type from Studio to Studio Pro
- Observe the result.
If the above approach does not help, try the below approach:
- Try deactivating the current license from the Tenant by referring to Deactivating Your License documentation.
- Activate the license again at the Host Tenant level by referring to Activating Your License documentation.
- Allocate the license to your Default Tenant by referring to Managing Your Licenses documentation.
- If the user wishes to activate the license at the Default Tenant level rather than activate it at Host Tenant as suggested above then follow the steps as mentioned in Activating Your License documentation.