Cannot pause, rewind or skip Academy videos using Google Chrome

Hello,

I am currently in the process of going through the Academy and I’m watching the videos in the foundation section.

I have had to pause/rewind the video several times now and when I come back to click play, the video will not resume. I cannot click play or anything and each time I have had to watch the entire video from the start. The video is considerably long too, so I’m wasting so much time trying to do this - I’m on the verge of just giving up. It’s becoming frustrating. I want to complete the course but sometimes pausing or rewinding cannot be avoided!

Is this a known issue? Is there a reason it does this? I can understand not being able to fast forward to skip the lesson, but pausing or rewinding?

I look forward to your response.

Note: I am using Google Chrome.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Do you experience this with all the videos or just some ? I have tried from Chrome with 3 different accounts for 3 different videos and I was able to rewind, forward, skip, play and pause. Please try to switch the browser and see if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Roxana

1 Like

Hi Roxana,

Many thanks for your reply.

I’ve experienced it with all the videos so far in the academy foundation training when using Chrome - it’s really bizarre as its behavior is somewhat inconsistent. What I mean by that, is sometimes I can pause it and it will resume fine but other times it will not resume and just freeze up. Any attempts at skipping the video ahead results in it returning to the beginning and any attempts at skipping back does the same, however, if the video has been running for a long time (i’m not actually sure how long, maybe more than a few minutes), any attempts at skipping ahead/back results in the video freezing (3 white dots start animating at the center of the screen, assume this is showing the video buffer) and then not being able to play back unless I refresh the page - which means it will return to the start.

The videos work fine in IE11, however I do most of my research and development using Chrome so I would ideally like it working in Chrome - any suggestions? It does seem pretty bizarre I know, but it’s the truth!

I am using Chrome Version 59.0.3071.86 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Many thanks
Chris

Hello Chris,

I discussed with our platform providers and they can’t identify any issues with the videos on Chrome. I also wan’t able to replicate the behavior and didn’t receive any other complaints regarding the topic. I will keep you posted if the platform administrators give me some intel on this but in the meantime please use IE or try to reinstall Chrome.

Sorry for not being of more help at the moment.

Roxana

I have this problem, it is not possible to reproduce the videos that have been previously played, click on play and what it does is go to the end of the video, without playing.

I’m google chrome!