Cannot find UI element in Unattended Mode/ Difference between html & wnd

Hello,

i have the following problem:

As you see, there is a simple Attach Browser Activity. The selector is a variable, containing the following content: “<” + in_prefixBrowserSelector +" app=‘chrome.exe’ title=‘Microsoft Forms’ />".

I had to chose the prefix as a variable (in_preFixBrowserSelector) due to my collegue and I have different outcomes when we use the selector on the same field:

(html app=‘chrome.exe’ title=‘Microsoft Forms’ /) for me, (wnd app=‘chrome.exe’ title=‘Microsoft Forms’ /) for my collegue.
Even working with a placeholder (* app=‘chrome.exe’ title=‘Microsoft Forms’ /) does not work for my collegue. The problem is, when using the UIExplorer with the specific selector and click “validate”, everything is fine. But when clicking on “highlight”, there is no red frame around the Browser when using a placeholder - but it is there, when using “wnd”.

Therefore, I decided to build the selector with a string concatenation.

Next thing is: When we use UiPath Studio Pro on his computer, the Browser tab will be found, but not when starting the process via Orchestrator. This also only appears in his environment, not in mine.

The following message will be thrown:
UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Das diesem Selektor entsprechende UI-Element kann nicht gefunden werden: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Das diesem Selektor entsprechende UI-Element kann nicht gefunden werden:
bei UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
bei UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector, IPlaceholderResolver placeholderResolver)

My questions are:

1. Why is it sometimes “wnd” and sometimes “http” in the selector? Is there any way to find out which one is correct according to the System?
  2. How can we fix the problem so that he will be able to run the workflow in his environment.

Thank you for any answer you can give me.

Best regards
David

Hello @dasommerkorn!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff