Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector using Windows app Excel

Hi, I am new to UIPath and working on recording sequence of Windows app Excel!
When I start recording on Desktop all my activities are under Attached window, but this attached window is throwing the following error:

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Attach Window ‘Template Xlmain’

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Exception Type: SelectorNotFoundException

UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi,

Here we go:

Thanks,
Girish

Hi,
Did you …!
https://academy.uipath.com/lms/index.php

Happy Automation.
:slight_smile:

Hi Girish,

I have read the following link before and tried using Wildcard * in my title for excel but unable to get success !
I just have simple click events in Excel and have recorded the using Desktop Recording, but as all the activities are recorded under Attached window it is showing me the above error !
Please check my Selector as it is showing :

Hi Gautam,

Not only main attached window, try to manipulate the selector in click activities inside the attach window.
Hope you will do some work around to select the proper selector by using UiExplorer

Thanks,
girish

Hi,
Could you please attach workflow.
What option you trying to choose in excel.
You could make use of excel activities available in UiPath.

Hi ddpadil,

Can you please help me for how should I attach the workflow?

Regards,
Gautam Dhall

Hi,
As your new user and joined recently .The upload option not available yet.
It will be available after you gain level 1 trust:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/4

Never mind you can send xaml the to this . :slight_smile:
d.d.padil@gmail.com

Dear colleagues,

I´m facing the same issue as Gautam: “Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ”

But when I check the workflow the tittle is correct: “”

You mentioned before UiExplorer but I don´t find what I have to attach.

Could you please help me?

Thank you from Madrid, Spain :smile:

A problem that I ran into was for one of my applications it had a system specific selector (ex: “C:applications/file/user/…”, so if I unselected that, the selector would work like a charm. Another thing to consider is using the repair tool to reselect or use the “data scraping” tool and testing different methods of data extraction.

Thank you for replying me kkalian!
But I need that path to extract the folder and the information. I will try the plan B as you suggest

Thanks!