Cannot connect Robot to Orchstrator - Community Edition Studio 2019

I’ve been trying to connect my UiStudio/Robot to the Orchestrator. I’ve followed the instructions; created a Tenant, Machine, Robot in the Orchestrator UI. In the Robot connection information I am inputting the correct machine name (system name for my laptop), the URL has been both https://demo.uipath.com or https://platform.uipath.com (even 1 time tried the full URL of Orchestrator when logged in), and the Machine Key I’m getting from the Orchestrator Machine definition.

My machine is a Windows10 Pro system, using FireFox 71.0 64-bit, and I’m connected via my Comcast account (like that has any effect, I hope not).

Every time I’m getting the same error message on failure to connect, it is:
The operation was canceled.
System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream.ConnectInternal(Int32 timeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Int32 startTime)
at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Ipc.NamedPipe.NamedPipeClient1.<ConnectToServerAsync>d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Ipc.ServiceClient1.d__20.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Ipc.ServiceClient1.<>c__DisplayClass17_01.<b__3>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__6.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__11`1.MoveNext()

Any ideas? This is keeping me from working on Level 3 - Advanced Training class exercises/assignments. Thanks in advance for any help.

@calkelpdiver

Welcome to our uipath community.

Can I see mentioned Orchestrator URL in robots page ?

Lakshman,
Here are the URL’s I tried to use.
https://platform.uipath.com
& https://demo.uipath.com
& UiPath
& UiPath Orchestrator

Any ideas as to which one is supposed to work?

Hope this may helps you

Please let us know the status.

Thanks

Deleted the old Machine and Robot definitions, recreated them according to video steps:

1. Create the Robot first and give a machine name (same as my laptop’s name)
  2. Went to the Machine information and got the key value for it (stored it), and after closing that dialog I copied the URL I was currently at in FireFox (stored it).
  3. Went into the Robot on my laptop machine, opened the Orchrstrator Settings page.
  4. Pasted in the Key and URL information.
    LocalRobotSettings
  5. Clicked Connect button. It spun for a moment and gave the error message below
    LocalRobotConnectionError

Details information:
Empty orchestrator api versions!
RemoteException wrapping System.NotSupportedException: Empty orchestrator api versions!
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorVersion.Init(HttpResponseHeaders headers)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClientFactory.d__2.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClientFactory.d__1.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.<PerformConnect_LicenceKeyAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.<PerformConnect_LicenceKeyAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.d__24.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Messages.MessageDispatcher.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Impl.RobotService.d__37.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.d__22.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass3_2.<<-ctor>b__5>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__6.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__11`1.MoveNext()

@calkelpdiver

Please check below thread and provide URL as mentioned in it.

1 Like

Well I’m totally frustrated. I’ve tried to follow the instructions. First off, what is the “Tenant” page? Is it the home page of the Portal when you first login (Services page, shows the Services I have available) - (UiPath) or is it the main page when you open the Orchestrator (UiPath Orchestrator)?

I’ve tried both of these as the URL for the Robot Orchestrator settings along with the Machine Key value I have. I’ve even tried to use the ‘demo.uipath.com’ value in place of the platform one.

I’m still getting the error message “Empty orchestrator api versions!” Anybody got any better ideas, any more ways to troubleshoot this problem. I’m going to need more than the standard documentation information. Thanks.

Okay, finally figured this thing out and found a post with more explicit information.

First, the Tenant page is the main page of Orchestrator itself and not the welcome/main page of the Portal when you first login.

Second, the URL you need from Orchestrator should be only this:
https://platform.uipath.com/<account name>/<service name>

and not this with the extra junk after the Service Name (cut it off to get the correctly formed URL from above):
https://platform.uipath.com/<account name>/<service name>/?fid=167716&tid=167794

Here is the page with the better/clearer information on it: Not able to connect with the orchrestrator - #10 by Simran_Kumari
Go to the section/response by Pablito on Sept. 25th

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.