Cannot activate / install Studio Community edtion

Hello!

I recently had re-install windows on my laptop. Same machine name and user. I logged in to platform.uipath.com and downloaded the studio.

It installs but after install I need to activate. But, alas, I cannot.

I have always found it very confusing about the community edtion. Like there is an msi and exe differance. Like, why can’t you just go the website, just click download community editon, no mail, no fuzz, just give the got dame installer for community.

@bcm

Connect the orchestrator using new requirement

http://platform.uipath.com/ is a old url

Once you connected from UiPath Assistant you can click on acquire license key

Hope this helps you

Thanks

I tried that. The assistance says it is connected, licensed. But the installer says the same.

@bcm

Is that community edition? Also try to use

https://Cloud.UiPath.com/accountlogicalname/servicename

Instead of Platform.uipath.com

Also check the license page that you have license available

Thanks

@bcm

Check below post for reference

Check you provisioned the robot correctly

Hope this helps you

Thanks

@bcm

Check below there was some issue with the cloud instances if it is paid

Hope this clears you

Thanks

From the message from uipath studio, when trying to activate, it sounds like what I have installed is not community editon, but rather the enterprise version. I only want the community.

If that is the case, were do I get community studio?

I nuked my tenant in orchestrator. I created a new tenant. From orchestrator, downloaded uipath studio.
Installed upath studio. After the installation, I started the assistance. In orchestrator, I created a new machine template. Copied the key to the assistance. The assistance now says: “Connected, unlicensed”

Starting the upath studio, trying to acquire license key brings me this:

Any help, clues, ideas? I just want the community editon? Is it still available?

Ok, my mistake, forgot to add robot

Question: when you download studio from your cloud.uipath.com site, is it only enterprise edition? Because I kinda remember that this is were you went to downlaod uipath studio, weather it was community or enterprise. It was just a matter of license key. Maybe something has changed?

This is how it used to look like. Like a whole button dedicated to community edtion.