Cancelling browser operation throws an error

Just to update, this issue will be fixed in 21.4 version.

Thanks for update, looking forward to this :slight_smile:

EDIT: @loginerror this issue havenā€™t disappeared after updating to 21.4 Enterprise.

1 Like

Hi @Obsev

Have you also updated the activity packages to 21.4?

Yes I have. Tried with both invoke workflow and create the workflow as library, but it gives the same error when it is inside the parallel.

Strange indeed.

Could you maybe share a snippet (screenshot or a xaml file) of your use case. It would help us understand the behaviour :slight_smile:

Also, given that it is an Enterprise issue, would you mind taking it further with our technical support via this form?

I am facing same issue, any resolution for this?

Iā€™ve got the same. Error message:

The activity ā€˜GetElementAttributeā€™ with ID 44 threw or propagated an exception while being canceled.

First question - what this ID means? Is it possible to find the exact acvitity with this ID in xaml file? Or in Studio somehow?

I used pick and pick branch to check result of processing in java app. After finishing processing robot is checking on which screen it is sitting right now. First branch trigger is a retry scope with get attribute ā€œrelative visibilityā€. Second branch trigger is the same but different element taken. Third one trigger is simple delay.
Idea was that robot is checking in the same time which screen is already opened and then it goes with proper commands to the next step. Third branch was created for unexpected situations and it is going all way down to the main menu of the app and then step by step is clicking his way to desired position.

Code was working great on Studio. Last night robot was working on VM via Orchestrator. It happend 4 times during processing 10 transactions.

I probably need to choose sequential solution from thrid branch (which would be slower) and not use Pick

@Yameso, you must have used the ā€œget attributeā€ activity a number of times without giving them a unique name. So, letā€™s say there are five ā€œget attributeā€ activities with default name and code throws an exception at the third ā€œget attributeā€ activity, then the message would be like The activity ā€˜GetElementAttributeā€™ with ID 3 threw or propagated an exception while being canceled

We had the same issue once we upgraded the UI activities to >= v20.10. We put the activities in separate workflows which were put into a parallel activity. Each workflow is marked as isolated.

What helped us out in the end was to disable the ā€˜Modern Design Experienceā€™ from the overall project settings. After that the issue didnā€™t occur again. I guess the new ā€˜Modern Designā€™ activities are somewhat different. I hope it helps others!

[FOUND THE SOLUTION ]
Hope I can help
Hello everyone, I came to this topic because I had the same issue. I had a sequence with the follwing scopes:

Sequence > Try Catch > Wait for Download > If > Throw

I had a mapped error that should throw an error to be caught by try catch whose catch had an log message.
But everytime this error happened, the Throw didnā€™t cut thourgh the Wait For Download scope, and the robot would wait the timeout period and throw the error that is written in this topic. This happens because a bug that this sequence of activities create:

Try Catch > Wait for Download > Throw

I tested it without Try Catch, it worked .(throw an exception as expected)
I tested without throw, it worked. (the timeout exceeded and it landed on the ā€˜Catchā€™ sequence, loggin the message)

So what you should do is just remove the the throw and let the robot go on and throw a timeout error to be caught later by the Try Catch activity.
Or if you arenā€™t using a throw (and the error is thrown by other activity), you should consider not using Try Catch.