Can you please help me understand the cls and title function in selector

Hi,

I was trying to open notepad from the informative screen but each time the selector was picking up explorer instead of Notepad.exe, I wonder why? then I figured out that cls and Title needs to be Notepad and title something as “Untitled-Notepad”

So my questions are:-

1. What are these functions in the selector cls and Title?
  2. If making cls=Notepad works but cls=notepad doesnt work same for title I want to know the reason why?

Hi @Avijit_Pal

Based on the title bar as Untitled-Notepad ll define it as title and class name ll be Notepad because it wont display the filename as Untitled so ll display as it is

Thanks
Ashwin S

Hello Ashwin,

Sorry I couldnt understan you. I am new to uipath.
I am trying to understand, how these feilds works-

As you can see in this image if I change the cls=notepad or title=title and click validate it will fail I am not getting how and what these feilds actually do.

Hi @Avijit_Pal

In UiExplorer when you try to do changes for classname ll throw an error because name of the Class is in N not in n so when click on validate ll obviosly throw an error so for title you can set wildcard characters as * or ? when click on validate it will highlight the element

Thanks
Ashwin S

Thank you Ashwin. And as you mentioned the first letter in cls(here N) should be always capital and not small, but if thats the case why is it so? is it a naming convention that has been defined in uipath and what is that cls(Name of the class) is it similar to what we have in java,C++ or other programming languages.

Hi @Avijit_Pal

Yes regarding the class name yes just like how we create a class in java/c# the same no difference mate

Thanks
Ashwin S

1 Like

Thanks a lot Ashwin for helping me out this thing. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.