Can we use nested Invoke workflow file activity?

Hi I have designed a Flow where I have invoked a Workflow file A from another Project which has a different Invoke Workflow file B in its sequence. When I try to run from my Main Flow it invokes and runs the File A but it is not running File B. Is there any way to invoke my nested Workflow file B? Or do I need to change the design? Please advise. Thanks.

Nested Invoke is very much possible. There might be some issue in passing the arguments to your nested invoke file. What error are you getting ? Check if in/out/inout arguments are passed appropriately.

1 Like

Your statement is little confusing for me, you are invoking file a from main, and also file b in main? Or you are invoking file b inside file a??

I am invoking file B inside file A.

The error says the file B is not available in the Main project folder.

Source: Invoke Workflow File

Message: Could not find file ‘C:\Users\User.JMCHD2220\Documents\UiPath\Gabriel_SO_AllApps\FakeName_CA.xaml’.

Exception Type: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Users\User.JMCHD2220\Documents\UiPath\Gabriel_SO_AllApps\FakeName_CA.xaml’.
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowRunner.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hello.

When you run a project the current directory gets set to whatever the directory is for the project you are running. So you will need to use the full path to the other workflow if it is not in the same directory as the project or a folder inside that directory.

I hope that helps.

Regards.

Yes @ClaytonM I have enabled extensions of the directory in my Windows Folder options. But still it is saving with just the Workflow name in the invoke activity instead of the entire directory path. I purposely typed the entire path in the activity and now it is working fine. Thanks for the help :smiley: